Can't remote to my new Max OS X Lion from my Windows based PC. Was able to under SL.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by timbojill, Jul 25, 2011.

1. timbojill macrumors member

Can't remote to my new Max OS X Lion from my Windows based PC. Was able to under SL. On Saturday I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion. I love it. My Macbook seems to be running twice as fast as before. Only one problem. While I am at work I have to use a Windows Based PC. Under Snow Leopard I was able to use a Windows based program called Remote Desktop Connection to connect to my Macbook by either typing in the IP Address or the Macbook Computer name. There is also a windows Based program called Real VNC Viewer that I used to connect to my Macbook from my Work PC. Now under Lion I am unable to connect to my MacBook from my windows PC. I get connection refused. Can someone help me out.

2. timbojill thread starter macrumors member

Can someone help me out. This is really important.

Can someone help me out. This is really important.

3. gentlefury macrumors 68030

There are already a few threads on this topic

4. timbojill thread starter macrumors member

I got it working again. Quit simple. I went into my sharing properties and disables everything that was checked and restarted my Macbook. (Do not shutdown restart). Go back to sharing and enable DVD Sharing, file sharing, printer sharing, Scanner Sharing, Web Sharing, Remote Login, Remote Management, and Remote Apple Events. Now I am able to remote in and out of my Macbook with Lion as my OS.