Can't Remove Songs from my iphone 5 in itunes 11.0.5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by beasly213, Sep 4, 2013.

1. beasly213 macrumors newbie

I'm going nuts trying to fix this issue and have looked everywhere but still can't find an answer so I wanted to try here to see if anyone can help.

I recently had my Iphone 5 replaced at the apple store due to damage to my old one. I re uploaded everything from the cloud and when I went home I did a re-sync of all of my itunes music from my macbook pro to my iphone.

In previous versions of itunes when looking at the music on my iphone in itunes I was able to right click and remove songs of my iphone. In this version that option isn't there.

Any idea on why I can't remove songs from my phone only in itunes? Or how do i remove them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

With you phone plugged into iTunes. Click your phone when it shows. Click on Music tab at top. Click on Sync Music>Selected playlist. This will allow you to check on and off which music you want on your phone. Photo posted below.

Attached Files:

3. Nunyabinez macrumors 68000

Nunyabinez

While I could be wrong, I believe that iTunes still subscribes to the 1 device to 1 iTunes library philosophy. Since you have a new iPhone, it is not "married" to your iTunes, the old one is. The behavior you are describing is the same as what you would get if you plugged your phone into a friend's computer.

You need to erase all songs and re-sync with iTunes to make this connection. I believe if you click on any of the settings on the summary page, when you click update you will get a message saying something like "this iPhone is not synced with this computer. Do you want to erase and copy?" or something to that effect.

Haven't encountered this in a while since I only use the cloud now, but I think that is what you need to do.