cant reserve more than one iphone 4 even if on the same family plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidnssbm, Jun 15, 2010.

1. davidnssbm macrumors regular

I wanted a 16GB for me and a 32GB for my dad but I can't check out because I get this:

You have too many iPhones in order, please edit your cart and save for later to purchase additional iPhones in subsequent orders, or remove additional iPhones.

How do I pre-order 2?

2. stohr macrumors member

Just purchase them separately. Check out with one, and when the cart is empty, add the other and check out. I just bought 2 that way!

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I went through the whole thing twice with two different Apple accounts. Each one is linked to a different e-mail address.

4. stohr macrumors member

Same with me, but same credit card.

5. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I did mine separately, but on the same credit card and same Apple Store ID. Got successfully charged twice and received email confirmations.

6. auero macrumors 65816

I dont understand how any of you orders two without signing up for two accounts. From my understanding and the FAQ on apples website, you need to visit the store to buy TWO iphone 4's so they can be on ONE family plan.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, I am going to the store since I could never get the shipping option to work. So I'll be going to the store with my wife and picking them up together. We should be able to get everything done right while we're there.

8. MrSoprano macrumors member

I am in a similar situation. I have 3 iPhones on a Family Plan. 2 of those lines are eligible to upgrade to iPhone 4. I got one pre-order through on the Apple Store App for the main line, but no matter what I do I can't get the other line upgraded.

9. hippo206 macrumors 6502

you don't need different email or apple ID. All you need is different eligible phones and do them separately in two different transactions.

10. MrSoprano macrumors member

This is incorrect or has changed, because I have been trying ALL DAY to get my second line pre-ordered. Can't do it. I even got a message saying that I've met my pre-order limit on Apple,com.

11. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

You MUST HAVE different apple ID's to reserve more than one. I reserved 5 on family plan, and one on a friends account, all 6 had to be different apple ID's for pickup.

This was my backup in case att falls through with their promised 24th delivery date.

But yea, I tried it a couple different ways, the only way that worked was different apple ID's

12. diabolic macrumors 68000

Same for me on pre-ordering two for my wife and I. Even as separate transactions it wouldn't let me checkout until I used her Apple ID for hers.

13. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

Interesting, I preordered 2 for our family plan, both with same apple ID and same credit card, but obviously both numbers were available for an upgrade and I didn't have any problems.

It seems if they allow that for preorders, then why wouldn't they allow that for reservations?

14. SPeditor macrumors regular

I have a family plan with two 3G iPhones, my wife and mine. I pre-ordered my iPhone 4 yesterday. Had difficulty with the Apple website for my wife. Well I finally got the site to work again but it says I need to pay the monthly service charge at $50 for her phone, not the $9.99 she has for the family plan. I'm paying $50 for mine. (This doesn't include Data and Text charges.)

How do I order the second phone while keeping my family plan rate for that second phone?

15. hippo206 macrumors 6502

No, I am correct. I have order 4, 32 gig iphone 4, on the same family plan, same apple login, and same credit card. Yours said you have hit your pre-order limit because you tried to do it in the same transaction. You need to do separate transactions for each eligible phone.

16. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

exactly what i did

17. burnside macrumors 6502

ditto

18. SPeditor macrumors regular

Did it show as $9.99 for the additional phone on the family plan, when you pre-ordered?

19. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

It didn't for me, however I imagine they just didn't have the capabilities to tell whether the phone is on a family plan or not. I'm sure once we get the phone and connect it with AT&T, they'll see a family plan and fix it.

20. bripab007 macrumors 6502a

I pre-ordered two phones for my wife and I (both numbers were eligible for upgrade) on our family plan using the same Apple ID and same credit card but in two separate transactions/shipments with Apple. Simple as that.

21. hippo206 macrumors 6502

During the order yes, but on my email confirmations and check order status it doesn't have anything now.