Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
I managed to make a window slightly bigger than the screen, and now I can't access the 'handle' in the lower right corner to return the window to normal size.

I was using screen sharing from another computer and some strange things were happening, and I ended up with my iTunes window a little bigger than the displayable area on the screen. If I move the window up as high as possible (so that it's up against the menu bar), the bottom edge is just hanging off the bottom of the screen, just far enough that I can't grab the resizing handle. Anyone know how I can resize this window to a normal size?

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
Nevermind. Fixed. I changed the screen resolution settings (display preferences), and that bumped the window down to the displayable area, then I could resize it (which may not have even been necessary) and set the screen settings back up.

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
Push the green plus button to resize it?

Tried that, but all it did was toggle to the compact display (because it's iTunes), which resizes separately and differently. Green button again put me right back where I started.

jb0

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2015
I managed to make a window slightly bigger than the screen, and now I can't access the 'handle' in the lower right corner to return the window to normal size.

I was using screen sharing from another computer and some strange things were happening, and I ended up with my iTunes window a little bigger than the displayable area on the screen. If I move the window up as high as possible (so that it's up against the menu bar), the bottom edge is just hanging off the bottom of the screen, just far enough that I can't grab the resizing handle. Anyone know how I can resize this window to a normal size?

Hi

I use a dual display at work and have one large and one smaller screen. I managed to drag an app window from the large to the small and both vertical edges were out of view including the close / resize buttons DOH!

I got over it by temporarily selecting Displays -> mirror displays

*Note to self = Don't do that again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.