Can't rotate and save photos on PC that came from iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ozshadow, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ozshadow macrumors regular

First I import pics to my PC running Windows 7 from my iPhone 4S using the direct file transfer.

In Windows, I open and view the photo in the standard Windows app. If I rotate it then go to close a photo, Windows automatically saves the photos orientation, at least in photos from other cameras. On the pics that were transferred from the iPhone, it says there is a problem with the pictures properties and it cannot save it.

Anyone know whats up with this and how it can be fixed?

2. davidra macrumors 6502

Try saving it under a different name and then opening with an editing program and resave after rotating it.

3. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

What Windows program are you using to edit the pictures? Do you have Windows Live Photo Gallery? The pictures coming from your phone may need to be saved under a different file extension. Like JPEG. Are you moving the files off the phone and saving them before you edit them? Or are you trying to edit the photos while they are still on your phone?

4. ozshadow thread starter macrumors regular

Just Windows Photo Viewer. Pics are on the PC. They were moved directly and that's it. iPhone unplugged. Usually it auto saves after you rotate a photo. It just will not do this with pics that came from the iPhone.

5. JJRock macrumors newbie