Can't schedule a meeting using Siri?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tulipo, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Tulipo macrumors member

When I tell Siri "schedule a meeting for tomorrow at 2PM", it sets it up then asks me to confirm. I say "yes" and then it takes forever and tells me "Sorry, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Tried this on my wife's phone and it doesn't work either. Does it work for anyone here? I find it strange they advertise this in their commercials but it doesn't work!

2. Jman13 macrumors 68000

3. French macrumors regular

I think it could just be a server issue with so many people using it.

I noticed that it not only set up a meeting, but it also took the liberty of sending it to the person in my address book who I was including in the meeting. Only problem is Siri didn't ask which email address to use.

4. wils8262 macrumors newbie

I also set up a meeting and Siri sent an e-mail to the person I mentioned in it. Does anyone know how to change the setting so an e-mail isn't sent?

5. tourada macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Are you a prior MobileMe subscriber? Yesterday access to my email and calendar was off and on. It was a server issue. That could be one reason if so...

6. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Just did it after reading this post. worked fine :)

7. shinsenkana macrumors newbie

make sure you activated icloud, i couldnt set appointments and i finally activated everything then it worked.

8. Blondiesmd, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013

Blondiesmd macrumors newbie

Siri not scheduling a meeting.

First of all, the above mentioned folks that state "Mine works just fine" is not really an answer to the problem and is not at all helpful.

I had this issue this morning on my newly work issued 5c and have found the fix to this to be to 'reboot' the iPhone by holding down the power (sleep/wake) button and the home button at the same time until the apple icon appears. After the reboot Siri worked just fine.