Can't see my other PC's and Mac's in Finder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gordyjackson, Jun 24, 2009.

1. gordyjackson macrumors newbie

Hi There, Hope you can help?
    I have a 20" Imac 10.5.7 A Desktop with windows 7 and a netbook which I run both OSx or Win 7 (depending on the mood!)

All the windows see each other fine and I can see the mac on my windows machine and access the files fine.

The problem is on the mac. There is no sign of them in Finder.
    There did used to be and if I use "GO-Connect" smb I can get to them that but it's a real pain having to do that each and every time!

Again, when the netbook is a macbook!, it can see the imac in finder and behaves fine, the imac just doesn't see it!

Can anyone point me to the corect setting settings to get this mac seeing all the windows machines all the time.

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Leopard is notoriously unreliable in showing Windows (SMB) computers in the Network area of Finder.

On my network it seems to just flip a coin to see if the server and NAS I have (that run constantly) are visible.

Right now, they are both visible which is pretty surprising because I don't think that's ever happened before.

Edit: SPOKE TOO SOON!

What was that? 2 Minutes and the NAS is gone from Finder only for a Windows Vista PC to show up...

The funny thing is that the PC has been turned off for 15 minutes!