Can't view my videos or listen to my music on my iPod touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Stunna9908, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Stunna9908 macrumors newbie

Dec 29, 2008
    I'm having some difficulty using my new iPod touch. This problem jumped on me. For some reason, all of a sudden I am unable to listen or view my videos. When I am at my home page and I click on either the music or video icon, it goes to a white screen, with the normal bar ontop which displays the time and such. It looks as if it is loading; however, after some time it closes and returns to my home screen. The music and the videos worked before. The videos are purely pidcasts which I downloaded directly from the iTunes on my touch. All my other apps work fine. The only problem I face is listening to my music and watching my videos. I have tried to put mu touch to sleep, turn it off, reset it, yet nothing seems to help! Can someone please help me?
  2. Stunna9908 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 29, 2008

By the way, when I go to Settings>General>About, it does in fact recognize that I have songs and videos. I might as well add that the version is 2.2
  3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    Can you restore it? Make a backup before though.
  4. Stunna9908 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 29, 2008
    Believe it or not, but the problem is resolved. For some reason, the problem is gone! However, I have no complaints! I'm quite relieved. I'm also thanksful for the quick response. Perhaps there is a manner on which your knowledge could help me. When I set up my iPod for the first time - when I configured it, I set it to sync. I don't want it to sync and I want to manage my music and applications and videos and everything manually. Whenever I uncheck the box it warns me that my stuff will be deleted in my iPod. How do I go about changing it so that it doesn't sync at all, without deleting anything?

This next question goes way off topic, but it is a question which I would like an answer to as well: is there a way to download apps without having to pay the fees? I'm not interested in breaking the law. Is there an app that I can get for free which is a Universal remote? I searched it I. The app store and it coated $29.99. I was wondering if there was a free app I could get to control my TV with.
  5. Stunna9908 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 29, 2008

For all those who face the same problem as I do, I found a solution! The problem arose again for me. To solve it, all I had to do was go to Settings>General>About. After the song, video, and photo count was finished, the music and videos should be accesible.