Can't wait for 6.01- small bugs like this pester me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silroc, Oct 5, 2012.

1. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

The little bugs I have are not earth shattering but still a little surprising for a global flagship product.

My ip5 bugs that bit me gently so far:

1. The phone even with auto-dim off will sometimes dim to near invisible after coming inside from outside. Weird. Feature is OFF, why is it dimming....

2. When coming out of sleep to wake (not power off) I get a fairly long lag before any Internet communication is resumed.

3. I've experienced random occasions when my email will NOT send. I get a failure. Until I reboot. I CAN get web pages, so that's odd.

4. My phone when connected to my car USB will randomly turn off ringer volume to zero. Missed a few work calls due to this.

Anyway, obviously nothing major, but stuff I hope gets fixed soon

2. Radeon85 macrumors regular

One bug that I have had across two iPhone 5's is the flash and camera shot going out of sync. The flash will go off and then the camera takes the shot a split second later, this then results in a very dark image.

Restating the phone fixes this issue instantly every time.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

If I hang up from a call, the last podcast I was listening to starts playing. Even if I wasn't listening to it before the call began.

4. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I get random freezes from time to time. iOS 6.0.1 cannot come fast enough.

5. Omacc macrumors member

is there usually a set or estimate time that apple delivers updates? or do they feel to release them whenever they feel?

6. Applejuiced, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I just want the wifi issues to go away.
    Every wifi I tried so far it connects and works for a minute and then it stops and wont be able to pull any data.
    Even though the wifi works perfect with other devices.

7. Fanboi4life macrumors regular

Fanboi4life

8. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I get this too! iPhone 4S iOS 6

9. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

IPhone 4S IOS 6 Beta 3, working perfect no bugs at all.

New iphone announced, give 4S to my mom.

Get iphone 5, bugs EVERYWHERE.

What the hell happened between beta 3 and GM?

10. praetorx macrumors regular

I have only encountered this problem with my 4S but not on the 5.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, others have noticed that issue with the 4S, ipads and iphone 4 on 6.0.
    So Im hoping its just a software issue with ios 6.0 and not a hardware fault with mine and many other i5's.

12. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Oh good! So it IS a proper bug, not just me being an idiot.

Hopefully it's something pretty easy to squash.

13. acidrain79, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012

acidrain79 macrumors member

Only bugs I've encountered on my iPhone 5 are the brightness issues that everyone is mentioning and weird keyboard/text input glitches(pretty annoying at times). Pretty damn solid aside from that!!! 6.0.1 will be awesome

14. nfl46 macrumors 603

I agree. With any new x.0 release, I await the x.0.x release to fix the issues.

15. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Honestly, this is the least buggy x.0 iOS ever. I mean, I'm not discounting the bugs you're all sharing, but I'm thrilled with how smoothly it's running overall. Every once in a while, when I see some minor bug, I remind myself of 3.0, which was almost unusable, and I thank my lucky stars--and the Apple software engineers--for a release that allows us to gnash our teeth at the truly small errors.

16. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I had that happen on launch day the first time I used the camera, a reboot fixed it, and it's never happened again.

Pretty odd for a bug, I'd expected it to reoccur being a software bug, not happen once and never again.

17. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

I sometimes get no Service at all although I'm positive there IS service in that area. Activating plane mode and deactivating it doesn't do anything so I end up having to reboot. ANNOYING. (Thank god this thing boots up pretty fast)

(Gotta say it happened once with my 4S too)

18. scootaru macrumors 6502

I'd like the ability to expand the "What's New" information from the Updates page on the first attempt.

19. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

I want

Fix the slow app & itunes stores
    Remove the crappy coloured status bars
    Remove the facebook & twitter icons from the share sheets unless signed into these services in the settings

And for the love of god add settings options in the notification centre and clear all option in multitasking tray.

20. Browno01 macrumors regular

Try this, in the Maps or Find my Friends app, start peeling the corner away of the map to reveal settings, then take a screen shot ;)

21. scootaru macrumors 6502

A Rick Astley video started playing on my phone. Is that normal?

22. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I can't turn off the "ask if you want to join the network". I've tried it in the on and off positions and it continues to flash when not connected to wifi. I wanting to connect to known networks and not continually ask.

23. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I have noticed some sort of bug with Bluetooth. My head unit in my Jeep shows the iPhone's signal strength as well as the battery level of the phone. The problem is that often when my phone's battery level is at 50%, the battery level on my head unit shows in the red, like there is only 10-20% battery left. I am assuming this is a software bug with iOS. It is a little thing, but drives me nuts.

24. Gr8fulMac macrumors newbie

Here are 2 annoying "bugs" I've found with iOS 6:

1. After fully charging, the battery almost immediately drops to 98% or 99%. A reboot restores it to 100%.

2. Only sometimes does the picture i have for someone in contacts show up on the lock screen when they call (with iOS 5, their picture always appeared). Weird - it seems random.

Anyone else or just me?

25. lordhamster macrumors 6502

4 may be your car mount pressing the down button on volume.