Cantor: No Disaster Funds for Joplin Unless Other Cuts

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, May 24, 2011.

1. rdowns, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Is there nothing this jackass won't politicize?

Link

2. DeaconGraves, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011

DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Republicans won Misourri by .1% in 2008. Someone is going to tell Cantor to shut up really soon.

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Ten bucks says the Dems (who are playing the same game, just trying to look like they're not) will once again refuse to use this golden opportunity.

I'm not sure which party is worse, the one that does nothing to prevent the erosion of American society, or the one that outright runs on that platform.

Our system is a joke.

4. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

No.

He's simply out to carry the flag of the ultra-right wing.

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

All they are doing is showing why they want more powerful themselves and they do not care who they hurt to get it.

6. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

Ha, Fox News was whining about insurance companies having to shell out some billions for the damage caused by tornadoes.

It's more likely for the Republicans to give them the money.

7. samiwas macrumors 65816

Well, that's interesting. I was channel surfing the other night and landed on Glenn Beck talking about disaster relief. I listened to the blathering for about 5 minutes before I couldn't stand it any more. Preaching personal responsibility, he was talking about how people should be sound enough and work towards the level where they do not need help after a disaster like this. In effect, he said he'd like to see a town say "NO! Turn around and leave!" when FEMA arrived, saying that they were able to take care of themselves.

So if you don't want FEMA, and you don't think insurance should have to foot the bill, exactly how much money is a normal worker expected to be packing away that they can easily walk away from complete destruction and start over? Is this really what the right is looking for? How would this EVER be possible?

I'd rather live in a place where I know I have resources after a massive natural disaster. That's not "entitlement" or a "handout"...that's society helping itself. OOOOOhhh...now I get it. :rolleyes:

8. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

Don't know how well that'll work seeing that tornadoes are strongest in the red(dest) states...

9. leekohler, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011

leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Republicans just keep getting worse. This is flat-out disgusting. Pay attention MO- these are the people you put in office. People like this don't even want government to do what it's SUPPOSED to do.

10. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Oh, hey, look, I just found Eric Cantor in the dictionary - defining "callous".

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

sad part is this is another policical play with peoples lives by the GOP.
    It is nothing more than a trap. If dems agree to cut money from education or medicare the GOP will point the finger there. If they do not agree to cut money they will say look the dems do not want to help.

This pisses me off that they are very willings to destroy peoples lives for their own petty power gains and pissing match.

THe house majority leader during Katrina told his own party to piss off and said something that that is when we borrow and worry about it later. Not the time to deal with where are we going to get the money.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Now everyone in MO knows how we gay people feel about Republicans. They will gleefully destroy us to gain power. Now it's spreading to everyone else.

Pay attention, folks. These are the fools you elected.

13. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not to mention welfare states.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep- according to Republicans, government should only exist to keep gay people from getting married, deny women the right to choose and shove religion down our throats. But when it comes to it's actual job? Oh sorry, we don't have the money.

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wait- where are the righties crying about how it's not our responsibility to worry about Missouri since it didn't happen to us? Ya know- why should Missouri get our money? They chose to live there. :rolleyes:

Come on righties- we're waiting. ;)

16. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Remember when tornados were content with trailer parks? Now they take out whole towns. Nope, nothing to do with climate.

Why do tornados mainly strike in the Bible Belt?

17. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

19. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Don't forget about the government's responsibility to kill arabs!

Missouri(my state) is about to get a lot more tornados today. :-( It looks bad out there. :eek:

20. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I had a feeling that was what rdowns was implying but then I just got curious. :)

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh man- please take care.

22. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I'm pretty sure I'll be fine. The news here has been really good(perhaps too good) at cutting off programming and warning everyone. The last time we had tornados in my area, lots of damage was done, but not one person died because they were either prepared or just lucky.

23. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Does anyone have Cantor's home address, home phone number, cell number or email address?

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It's got to be on the net somewhere.

25. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

eric@cantorforcongress.com ??