Canuck going to Arizona

Marcella

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Hi all this is my first post.... be gentle :)
I got my iPhone 3gs unlocked yesterday through Telus (BC) and now I don't know how to go about getting a sim card when I'm in the USA for Dec and Jan. Is there a way I can by a sim that has a prepaid value to it and if need be just get another ??

As you can tell , I have no darn clue!! therefore, stay calm yáll. lol. and now my keyboard is giving me that lil sign above the a?? oh my whats up with that? oy

thanks all
Marcella

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
I got my iPhone 3gs unlocked yesterday through Telus (BC) and now I don't know how to go about getting a sim card when I'm in the USA for Dec and Jan. Is there a way I can by a sim that has a prepaid value to it and if need be just get another ??

As you can tell , I have no darn clue!! therefore, stay calm yáll. lol. and now my keyboard is giving me that lil sign above the a?? oh my whats up with that? oy

thanks all
Marcella
If you're going to a reasonable place (tucson, phoenix, flagstaff...) I'd go with tmobile. Data would be slower but they have good pre paid rates.

Comment

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York

thanks all
Marcella
TMo does prepaid plans: http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans

You should check their coverage map for the area though, you don't want to be stuck for 2 months with a crappy signal.

I can't believe it, no NHL and the Cancuks are heading to Arizona...

Comment

Marcella

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
I finally got back in!! geewhiz already.

thank you for the replies.... Yes I checked the map and it is good reception around Phoenix! yes, I will do this.

NHL... cross fingers they will be back on the ice by Dec. Would love to see a game!

Comment

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
I finally got back in!! geewhiz already.

thank you for the replies.... Yes I checked the map and it is good reception around Phoenix! yes, I will do this.

NHL... cross fingers they will be back on the ice by Dec. Would love to see a game!
Amen. It's the only American sport I haven't seen live yet since moving from England.

Comment

Marcella

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
it's better in real life. but you'll have to get your head out of the book first .. hahaha.

Comment

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN

thanks all
Marcella
Go with the T if you are going to be in a big city.

oh...and GO PREDS!...or just GO NHL and get a labor deal done...it must be so hard to already get paid millions but not enough millions to work lol:D

Comment

Marcella

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Yeah I know.... so much money so little time lol. I wonder if I can get a Tmobile sim online or where is the best place to get one. Probably best to wait till I get there?
Aimee

----------

It's Facebook :p
Well I big DUHHHHHH to me :rolleyes:

Comment

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Yeah I know.... so much money so little time lol. I wonder if I can get a Tmobile sim online or where is the best place to get one. Probably best to wait till I get there?
Aimee

----------

Well I big DUHHHHHH to me :rolleyes:
Just walk in the store. They'll bite your hand off haha

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.