Canvas — Draw Together on Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by Voidness, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Voidness, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015

Voidness macrumors 6502a

Voidness

Hello MacRumors!

[​IMG]

Canvas is a simple drawing app that lets you draw together with your family and friends. Using your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch you can draw on a single canvas and have everything show up on Apple TV instantly.

Canvas works wirelessly over Wifi. Simply download Canvas on your Apple TV, and start drawing on your iPhone.

Have your friends download the free Canvas app for iPhone, iPod, and iPod touch.

With Canvas for iOS, you can:

— Draw together on a single canvas on Apple TV with up to 5 devices.
    — Simple Drawing Tools. Select from different colours and brush thicknesses.
    — Pinch to zoom for more detailed drawing.
    — Save your drawings directly to the camera roll.

Canvas for iOS: https://mysk.co/canvas — Free
    Canvas for Apple TV: Search for "canvas" on the Apple TV app store.

2. ringo79 macrumors newbie

I bought this app yesterday ($4.99) because the idea sounded cool to me. My impressions so far...

The canvas area seems small. with two people drawing it got really crowded.
    There is no undo button
    Limited drawing tools and colors
    Buggy, color panel disappeared and couldn't get it back
    After disconnecting we couldn't reestablish a connection with the devices and ATV. I had to kill the app on all devices to make it work again.

Hopefully future versions can overcome some of the above concerns. Right now I'd say it's not worth the $4.99 price.

3. Voidness thread starter macrumors 6502a

Voidness

Thanks for your feedback! Here are a few points to address your concerns:

— You can zoom in by pinching to get a closer view of the canvas, and with the thin brush option there's quite some space on the 1080p canvas. We'll look into how to provide more size options in future versions.

— The drawing tools are limited for now. Again, we're looking into expanding the available options.

— "It's a feature, not a bug." You can show and hide the colour panel by tapping and holding on the canvas. I agree that there should be a better explanation of how the gestures and shortcuts work.

— We know of a couple reconnection issues that were due to some last minute changes to the code. An update is coming to resolve these issues.

4. Voidness thread starter macrumors 6502a

Voidness

Canvas is now on sale for Black Friday ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Canvas for iOS: https://mysk.co/canvas — Free
    Canvas for Apple TV: Search for "canvas" on the Apple TV app store.