Caps Lock problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by casjohnr, Feb 27, 2013.

1. casjohnr macrumors regular

If I turn on Caps Lock, then go to the Symbol select keyboard and switch back Caps Lock has turned itself off.

Any way to keep it on? As I send a lot of serial numbers / MAC address codes via text so they're usually in the format xx-xx or yy:yy!

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

This is an issue that's always bothered me and I've never found a fix for it. I've checked in settings.app and never found a setting that would be of any help.

3. hsotnicam8002 macrumors 6502

hsotnicam8002

Of course, you'll know that a double tap on the shift key will keep caps on until you tap the shift key again to turn it off again. :) But that still doesn't help with your issue because when you go to symbols it automatically turns caps off again.:(

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I find it annoying as well. Fortunately I don't need it very often.

5. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

I still wish they would implement an option for the "hold letter long for a caps" feature from Blackberry (unless it's patented...)

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

The way I've gotten around this (my password are....complex these days after my phone was stolen a while back) is that, the same way you can tap and "slide" over to the numeric keyboard, you can tap and slide with the caps lock key. I know it's not ideal, but you don't have to keep hitting the caps lock key back and forth and feels a little more natural when you're typing like that.