Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blvdeast

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Cliffside Park, NJ
Any mac apps out their to capture a streaming video? Version Tracker has one, but didn't work at all. I'm trying to capture a mms://~~~.wmv stream

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
Snapz Pro X 2.0.1
Product*Description: (from versiontracker.com)
Snapz Pro X is a quantum leap in video capture technology, adroitly capturing full motion video of anything on your screen at a blistering pace, complete with digital audio, and an optional microphone voiceover. Think of it as a digital video camera for your screen. If a picture is worth a thousand words, imagine how priceless a movie would be for getting your point across. Snapz Pro X makes short work of making training videos, producing product demos, creating tutorials, archiving streaming video, and anything else you can think of.

blvdeast

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Cliffside Park, NJ
Thanks for the link, but the stream I want, I can't seem to see. VLC only gets audio, no video. So my plan was save the stream, then convert it to something better. WMV won't play with VLC or QT, and I really don't want to install Media Player cause I never really come across these files

Kingsnapped

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Media player won't hurt you, and you'll come across those files more often than you would think. Suck it up and download WMP9, rather than looking for some silly shareware app.

juststranded

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2006
Flip4Mac.

Download it. Love it.

While you're at it, download Perian too.

EDIT: Haha. This is SO old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.