Car CD player: "check cd" error. The burned audio cd works on my mac that I burned..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tkjazzer, Aug 8, 2007.

1. tkjazzer macrumors 6502

Hello,

I burned an audio CD with titanium toast (newest edition) and when I inserted my CD in to my Chevy Trailblazer I got a "check CD" error.

It is funny because I swear the same CD used to work in my older Ford Excursion.

The CD works in the Macbook Pro I burned it with (using titanium toast). I had it set to "audio cd"

I don't know where / how to start trouble shooting this. Any suggestions?

T

2. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I actually have the same problem with some of my DVDs I backup. Some DVDs will work fine on Apple's DVD player but when I put it in my DVD player it says "Can't Load." I don't know why that is and it's starting to piss me off.

3. tkjazzer thread starter macrumors 6502

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Trailblazer/2005/tsbs.shtml

# TSB #701 -- WHEN PLAYING A CD THE RADIO DISPLAYS THE LAST TRACK NUMBER FOR ABOUT 5 SECONDS, BUT THERE IS NO AUDIO AND THE DISPLAY CHANGES TO READING FOR ABOUT 15 SECONDS. THEN IT MAY PLAY THE CD OR EJECT THE CD WITH A CHECK CD MESSAGE. *TT (NHTSA ID #10015760, JANUARY 01 2005)

-----------------------------
    So other people are having that problem too. What can I do about it now that I know this? Some burned CDs still work fine. It's weird.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Try testing different brands of CD-R - even different batches of the same brand, 'coz some brands simply label product from many different factories as "Brand ABC". Google for websites with detailed and stupidishly fanatical discussions of CD quality and manufacturers.

The car deck has a narrower window of tolerance than the desktop drive does. A CD-R is way harder to focus on than a commercial CD... the 'spots' are smaller and take more accuracy in the laser focussing.

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I always burn audio CDs at 4x... reduces potential errors. Try burning at a slower speed because some players aren't as tolerant as others.

6. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

What kind of errors do you notice at higher speeds?

7. tkjazzer thread starter macrumors 6502

i don't know but I confirm that writing at lower speeds is definitely a solution sometimes to burned CDs not playing in Car CD player.

I would like to know more about this topic in general.