Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aawil

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
I bought a Griffin iTrip AUX AutoPilot on eBay recently. The only other one I know of. The lightning cable is fixed though. I also replaced the AUX cable with a shorter one made by FIIO as the one included was longer than I needed

Reactions: jjk454ss

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I bought a Griffin iTrip AUX AutoPilot on eBay recently. The only other one I know of. The lightning cable is fixed though. I also replaced the AUX cable with a shorter one made by FIIO as the one included was longer than I needed

Thank you, that seems like the same thing. If it works well for you I think I'll pick one up. Does it charge your phone pretty quickly? That's one thing that's important to me. My stereo has a USB, but it charges so slowly I think the phone uses power quicker than the radio charges it.

aawil

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
Thank you, that seems like the same thing. If it works well for you I think I'll pick one up. Does it charge your phone pretty quickly? That's one thing that's important to me. My stereo has a USB, but it charges so slowly I think the phone uses power quicker than the radio charges it.

I should mention since I posted that I read the description closer on the one you posted and it sounded like phone calls go through it too. On the griffin it's basically music only, phone calls won't play through the car speakers. It sounds strange to say but I'm not sure how quickly it charges. I haven't paid close attention to it I guess.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I should mention since I posted that I read the description closer on the one you posted and it sounded like phone calls go through it too. On the griffin it's basically music only, phone calls won't play through the car speakers. It sounds strange to say but I'm not sure how quickly it charges. I haven't paid close attention to it I guess.

Thanks for the heads up on the phone calls, not sure I'm too concerned about that, but good to know. I never really paid attention to how fast a car charger actually charges either, but after using the USB on the stereo I noticed it barely charges if at all.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I finally got this adapter from Schoche today, thought I'd update this old old thread :). I just tested it, haven't used it much of course, but it appears to work great. And it sure beats having the Belkin Play and Charge Adapter, the lightning to 3.5 audio adapter, the lightning cable, and the Aux cable all hanging from my phone. Now it's just the lightning cable.

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
Got mine as well and used it for my commute to/from work today. Worked perfectly. Single lightning cable to the phone and a 3.5mm audio cable from the charger to the AUX-in of the car. Audio was clear and the phone charged roughly 35% every half hour of driving. It was at 17% when I left home and 85% when I got home without charging it while at work. Listened to Beats 1 both ways with no drops or audio issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.