Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rowuncw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
My 2010 Honda CR-V has a USB connection and iPod/iPhone integration (you can plug in your iPod, and view artist/title and use dash controls). Does anyone have experience with using any sort of Bluetooth adapter with a USB input in their car or other audio setups? I would love to use my iPhone 5 as to play music in my car, but don't want it tethered to the USB input.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
My 2010 Honda CR-V has a USB connection and iPod/iPhone integration (you can plug in your iPod, and view artist/title and use dash controls). Does anyone have experience with using any sort of Bluetooth adapter with a USB input in their car or other audio setups? I would love to use my iPhone 5 as to play music in my car, but don't want it tethered to the USB input.

In theory i think if could work using a bluetooth adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
You'd need an aftermarket bluetooth adapter for your factory stereo. If you have an AUX input you can use a bluetooth audio gateway with a line output. You won't be able to use the iPod/iPhone interface unless you can find a device specifically designed to do so. Something like the Pear might have worked but it was killed off before it got anywhere, IIRC.

TheProFTW

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2013
Washington, DC

Does it have navi? You should probably post it at http://www.crvownersclub.com

You're more likely to get an answer there.

Cheers,
A fellow 2013 CR-V owner :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.