iPhone Car Play Notifications FAIL

Man on the moon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Los Angeles
I am sorry but who makes these stupid decisions. So if you get a text or any notification they have been moved to the bottom of the screen in carplay.

Terrible Terrible decisions.

Man on the moon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Los Angeles
picture yourself using your iphone and the text notifications now pop up down below where your dock is.

Tell me that’s not a terrible design choice.

danny842003

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2017
Where do you want them? I’m really impressed with the car play improvements.
the only issue I have is a bug where audio isn’t always muted.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
I suspect that design decision was made so the driver wouldn’t need to reach as far to tap the notification banner. In my car, it’s a lot easier for the driver to tap the bottom of the screen than to reach for the top.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
picture yourself using your iphone and the text notifications now pop up down below where your dock is.

Tell me that’s not a terrible design choice.
A handheld device is different than a screen that is mounted away from you.

Truckondo

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2009
At least give the option to move it to top or bottom. I’ve had to take my phone off of silent due to this display issue.

Truckondo

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2009
what’s the actual issue?
The notification bar used to drop down from the top of the screen and was lighter in color. It was easier to catch your eye. Now the the notification bar pops up from the bottom and is darker in color.

danny842003

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2017
The notification bar used to drop down from the top of the screen and was lighter in color. It was easier to catch your eye. Now the the notification bar pops up from the bottom and is darker in color.
I mean it could be argued that it shouldn’t catch your eye whilst driving. I know what you mean though I don’t notice I have a message anymore. I do think popping up from the bottom is a better design though as you don’t have to move your arm as far

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2014
UK
As said before;

a. You shouldn't use your phone whilst driving
b. The notification shouldn't be intrusive
c. There shouldn't be a need to tap the screen, just go Hey Siri ;)
d. The bar on the right will have a little marker on it as well that there was a notification and then you can go Hey Siri...

Reactions: MozMan68