Card Not Charged?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by citizenxxerased, Sep 21, 2012.

1. citizenxxerased macrumors newbie

Pre-ordered an Iphone 5 @ 12:05am PST - received it this afternoon. Activated - working. No charge on my card - no pending charge...this happen to anyone else?

2. kelpi macrumors regular

kelpi

Happened to me when I purchased my Macbook a few years ago. They eventually charged my card 2 days later - don't be surprised.

3. citizenxxerased thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah - it's actually probably worse because they haven't charged me yet so I think there's a 2% chance I'll get away without being charged instead of just being charged immediately.

4. TopB macrumors member

Same issue here but at first I had a "Pending" charge on my debit card, then it went away.
    I received the phone but still no charge. :confused:

5. doc shivers macrumors member

don't get excited, you guys will get charged. this is one area that apple/carriers make sure goes through.

6. iHawaii macrumors member

For what it's worth...

Mine had the pending charge on Saturday, the day after (actually, the morning of) pre-order-mania... pending charge stayed for a few days and fell off, which was not unexpected. Phone delivered on the 21st, account debited same day.

7. parrot5 macrumors 6502

Lenovo once charged my credit card ONE YEAR late. Anything less than a year is within my expectations now :D

8. TopB macrumors member

One year, wow, I used a debit card, sure don't want to wait along time to have that debit hit the account. :eek:

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Charged a full week after receiving my 4s last year.

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

My experience was slightly different. I preordered on the 14th. Apple immediately submitted notice (I forget the term for this, but it's not an actual debit from your account, but the amount is held back from your total balance) for my purchase of Applecare+. $99 temporarily on hold. But no iPhone. Later Friday morning I got another notice to my account but in the amount of the TOTAL charge of the iPhone AND Applecare+. So, about $400 additionally on hold, not including the $99 they were already holding. Just glad I had put extra money in our account or we would have been overdrawn.

Apple held both charges until the morning of the 20th (when it actually sent my shipping email). Then nothing. Not until the morning of the 21st did a complete charge of just the two items themselves come through and then it was an instant deduction from my account, no holds whatsoever.

They'll get their money and when they do it will be an instant charge.

11. TopB macrumors member

My Card was finally charged today (9/27/2012) - $217.99