Cards App - Anyone Have One Delivered Yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rich101682, Oct 21, 2011.

1. rich101682 macrumors newbie

I downloaded the Cards app the day it came out and sent one to my girlfriend just to see what the final product would look like. This past Monday, I got a notification from the Cards app that my card had been delivered to my local post office and it should come in the mail that day. It's now Friday, over a full week from when I submitted my card order and it still hasn't come in the mail. Has anyone else used this app yet? Has your card been delivered yet?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I did the same and have yet to even get a notification. I called Apple today and was told to see if it comes today and let them know. What's weird is that my Apple order page says it was sent last week.

3. BGTHEMOGUL macrumors 6502

Downloaded the app last night so I have it on hand but haven't tried it yet. So far it doesn't sound very promising or prompt!

4. Uln4321 macrumors regular

Ive downloaded it, send at card, and received the card!

5. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I downloaded the app the day it came out as well and created a card for my wife that day and she received it two days ago. Looks pretty good, too. I'm not sure how often I'll use it but it offers many design choices and full text customization (from my experience) so I give it my "thumbs up".

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I'd assume Apple got flooded with orders on the 12th. It was in the top 5 free apps for a while.

7. k3roro macrumors 6502

8. iphone4sATT macrumors newbie

no card yet

Sent a card to my wife on 10/17, still no card yet. Was hoping it would have a quicker turn around.

9. tomkatzid macrumors newbie

I sent two today. The first one I made with ease and too a pix to attach. The second one too 2 hours to send, it just kept jamming up and I'd have to start over with a draft that was saved. I could have gone to the store and post office and even bought gas in this amount of time. Maybe just overloaded.
    Katz

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

A friend sent me one a few days ago and it looks great. He never did get a notification when it was delivered.

11. lnferno macrumors 6502

I sent one. Took two days to deliver, received the push notification the day it was delivered. The recipient called to tell me that he was impressed with the quality of the card. I haven't seen the card in person yet myself. I'll be seeing it next weekend. Looking forward to seeing it.

12. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i sent one on the 12th as well. it was delivered three days ago. no delivery notification though

13. Tom359 macrumors regular

Same here, no delivery notification

Sent one to my parents on the 12th, they received it a couple of days ago. I never received any notifications that it had been sent/arrived.

14. bmms8 macrumors 68020

though its a cool app, it definitely needs some work. i think a delivery eta is needed. there is no way to tell how soon you will get your card. being able to choose a date is the one thing it should definitely include.

15. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

I said it in another thread, but Cards feels more like a feature than an actual app. So I feel they released this just to hide that they still havent gotten around to iPhoto for iOS yet.

I know there are many great photo editors and social sharing apps so it may seem iPhoto is unnecessary, but where I see iPhoto for iOS to really be useful is for tagging faces, places, metadata and star ratings. Those are tasks that are time consuming and boring on the desktop but would actually be pretty easy on a touchscreen while sitting around watching TV.

So hopefully the cards app get integrated into iPhoto for iOS where it belongs.

16. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I sent two yesterday and no issues doing so. I'm curious to see when they arrive.

17. guinness8878 macrumors member

guinness8878

Sent 1 last Thursday, late in the evening, it arrived on the following Monday.

18. TheNinjaJedi macrumors regular

TheNinjaJedi

Ordered one last night... we shall see.

19. ryan.hayes79 macrumors member

Hi All,

I agree that the delivery information needs to be updated. I ordered one last Saturday and arrived today (Friday). It would only really be worthwhile if you could specify a delivery date as you really have no idea at present when the card will arrive.

The quality and envelope were really nice when it did finally turn up.

20. EgbertAttrick macrumors regular

Ordered on the 12th. No notification, no delivery, as of yet. Irked.

21. eenuuk macrumors regular

Ordered in the UK, 7 days later it arrived! Was told it would be 2-3 days so it was late for the event. It was shipped from Czech republic!

22. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Check the App. Make sure it went through. I ordered two now in the US. Both received prompt "Thanks for ordering" emails. And then a shipping email.