Caretaker performed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Feb 22, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/news/caretaker-filmed-performing-sexual-dance-100-old-man-140112853.html
    note to self, some assisted living centers are better than others......

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I don't know where to begin with this. First of all, seems like a victimless crime. Secondly, why was it filmed and by who? Thirdly, why is that person also not culpable?

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

Who pressed charges?

You have to be a special kinda crazy to occupy a court with this.

4. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Dunno about that but before your post I was thinking... how is this political? ... that maybe it belonged in Community thread, the one about what movie are you [fantasizing about] watching.

Seriously the story has some missing pieces, otherwise you are correct to wonder. Maybe the dancer/caretaker persuaded the old guy to reward her with his gold watch or something.

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

maybe she wanted to be put on the inheritance :p

6. samiwas Suspended

Jesus...if someone has a problem with that...send her to me.

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Heh, be careful what you wish for... what if there was going to be a scam and it just got short circuited by the other employee making the film and reporting it to supervisor. She maybe only said it was a prank because she never quite got to the scam part, like getting the gold watch off him, or as jk suggested maybe getting the old guy to amend his will in her favor?

8. samiwas Suspended

I'm 42...haven't lost too much of my mind yet.

9. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I dunno about "victimless". If he has dementia, there's a chance he didn't consent to this. What if the poor man has a lucid moment, suddenly realizes what's happening and his heart explodes?

(And yes, I'm aware the "he'll die a happy man" jokes are inbound.)

Good question about who filmed it. The two possibilities in my head are that this person was in on it, in which case you'd think they'd be arrested also, or were filming it as evidence for law enforcement. If option #2 is true, then that begs the question, why didn't this person stop it?

Who knows. This is definitely the weirdest story I've seen this week.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Would you be saying that it was a victimless crime if it was a male caregiver exposing himself to a female resident?

This person deserves jail time and being put on a sex offender's registry. It's not just men that commit sex crimes.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017 ---
    According to the article they no longer work at the facility so my guess is they were involved, felt guilty and arranged to turn over the evidence in exchange for just losing their job and not getting charged.