Carly Fiorina had a good point, maybe?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Apr 21, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

According to many, including Carly Fiorina, once a company does business internationally, one has to keep silent on (their) domestic issues regarding (democracy, human rights), otherwise you are branded a hypocrite in your home nation.

So she's saying to look the other way at other cultures while making use of them while telling domestic workers to tolerate it or how they don't have a right to a job while taking those citizens' money (corporate welfare, from taxes) and supporting countries whose values don't match just like how anyone reading this wouldn't help Jim Jones because they didn't agree with his religious views.

Confused yet? I definitely am, and to think both these major and successful companies collect corporate welfare.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ceos-hypocrisy-over-indiana-religious-freedom

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...im-cook-a-hypocrite-on-religious-freedom-law/

On this issue, she's not wrong? Is she wanting isolationism? Would the countries she dealt with (China, India) have tolerated her being in a leadership position the moment they no longer had use for (the money HP and she was handing to them)? Even when moving her campaign jobs to America's 51st state called 'India', she should have known about Holi? She's no less a dalit in their eyes since she wasn't borne of the noble caste...

In other words, are both globalization and isolationism impossible? Are any of them sincere? Are any of these news articles telling the truth?

2. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

It would be nice if Republicans stopped worshiping people whose legacies are either multiple bankruptcies or laying off more people than the population of a small city.

3. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Stupid point. As usual.

Those other countries that she mentions are not Tim's native country and they're not Apple's native country. He's in no position to criticize foreign countries Apple does business in. When this "religious freedom" nonsense comes up in the US, he has every right to criticize it. This is his country.

I would have no problem doing business in Russia. I have no problem making money off these people. I just don't want their socially backward ideology to become law in my own country. Keep that trash over there.

I really don't see what making tons of money in foreign countries has to do with opposing legal discrimination on your home turf.

Carly Fiorina is a twit.

4. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

As opposed to democrats who worship people who don't work or work in the public sector :).

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

So if we criticize Saudi Arabia for publicly beheading Philippine women we're hypocrites? Hardly. The host country going to kick you out? If they can afford to kick you out then you weren't competitive in the first place. If you are they'll ignore you and continue to make money. Most of our trade partners are freeloading deadbeats (i.e. NATO, EU) or totalitarian thugocracies (i.e. China, Cuba, Russia) or anti-American terrorist sponsoring animals (Saudi) so criticize away.

6. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Since when is having a country with borders isolationism? Fiorina is a globalist CFR anti America wanna be all powerful corp bureaucrat of the world.

7. Desertrat macrumors newbie

She may have a point, but if she parts her hair right, it won't show.

Given her track record of failed corporations, her opinions are of little utility.