Carrefour, Laval, Quebec, Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by vartanarsen, Jul 2, 2010.

1. vartanarsen macrumors 6502a

Hi All. On July 23rd, I wish to drive to Laval Carrefour and wait in line to purchase a Factory-Unlocked version of iPhone 4. Has anyway ever waited at an Apple Carrefour launch? What time do you start standing in line? Do you bring a chair with you? Will there be 2 lines? 1 for reserved and 1 for walk-in? Whats the closest mall entrance to the Apple Store? Will Carrefour Security let us in before 7? If we wait outside the mall, and the doors open, as everyone makes a dash for the Apple store, will we lose our places in line? So many questions, never done an Apple Launch before :)))

Sorry all, editing this to say it will be Fairview Pointe Claire, Montreal

2. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

Hard to answer some of your questions as there is still no official launch date for the iPhone 4 in Canada. Yes, there are rumours of the 23rd - but nothing official.
    As for lining up, and when you should get there? That's up to you. Get there as early as you think you have to get there to get the phone. Me, I'd just pre-order it from Apple and have it delivered to my house (that's of course if Apple allows this).
    We'll be able to better answer your questions once we know the date of the launch and Apple's plans on how they'll be selling it in Canada.

3. ahoover macrumors member

ahoover

Pre-Ordering a Canadian iPhone 4

Anyone know if/how you can pre-order an iPhone 4 for in store pickup? I want an unlocked/no commitment phone and will fly to Vancouver or Toronto to p/u. I know it is not released yet in Canada but what to prepare. Unfortunately I don't have an address to have it sent to in Canada. I want the receipt in my name as well as the Apple Care.

tia

4. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

Again - until Apple releases a firm date, no one knows the details of if you'll be able to order for pick-up in store or just delivery. My guess - and this is just a guess - you'll only be able to have it shipped to your home, work, or some Canadian address. It'll be just like the iPad. There was no in-store pickup in Canada for the iPad.

5. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

6. vartanarsen thread starter macrumors 6502a

So lets start up a launch meetup!!:))))

Montreal: Fairview Pointe Claire!!!!!
    Anyone want to join me???????????
    2:00 AM????????????????????????