Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thematt

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
I ordered the Silver 64GB on Apple.Com at 3:06AM Friday. I thought ordering from Apple was the better decision. However, now I'm seeing that AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile orders placed at the same time have already begin shipping for a Monday delivery.

I'm stuck at 'processing items' on the online Apple store.

Any idea when Apple will begin shipping? I'm bitter that carriers seem to be shipping faster than the source.

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2011
It's also the other way around. Apple is shipping faster than my Att order.

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2011
Well I didn't say they are shipped, just saying my wait time is longer than the apple stores wait time on shipping. But let's wait together!

thematt

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
Well I didn't say they are shipped, just saying my wait time is longer than the apple stores wait time on shipping. But let's wait together!

oh. okay. my wait time isn't that long. definite delivery is Sept. 27- Oct 1st. But it's weird to me that no one has a 'Preparing for shipping' status yet.

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
oh. okay. my wait time isn't that long. definite delivery is Sept. 27- Oct 1st. But it's weird to me that no one has a 'Preparing for shipping' status yet.

The shipping status will change either tonight or tomorrow night that's been my past experience with ordering through apple.com for the iPhone launches

thematt

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
The shipping status will change either tonight or tomorrow night that's been my past experience with ordering through apple.com for the iPhone launches

I really hope so! I'm so excited.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Well, my 5s dock just shipped, arrival Tuesday via FedEx. Original order showed Sept 27-Oct 1 via USPS.

I tend to think the iPhones will start showing at least preparing for shipment vary soon (like later today). Mine's a 64 GB Space Gray AT&T, ships 1-3 days. I have a feeling Apple will expedite shipping as much as possible (as others quoted Apple support saying). We shall see soon!

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
I know you are anxious but it will likely ship this weekend. Updating the system when shipping is from China may not be as accurate. Mine still shows processing but still 1-3 day to ship. Apple is usually very conservative so for all we know they have already shipped.

I was lucky and a new 5S grey 64 showed up at my office for me. Someone stood in line to make me very happy.

You will love the 5S

thematt

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
I just see more and more carriers shipping phones for a Monday delivery and then nothing from Apple. so disappointed. I'll be ordering from AT&T next time.

zipster

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2011
I ordered from AT&T (we have a FAN discount, so we *had* to, I believe, but whatever), and was pleasantly pleased to see that my phone has shipped and will arrive on Monday.

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
I just see more and more carriers shipping phones for a Monday delivery and then nothing from Apple. so disappointed. I'll be ordering from AT&T next time.

Don't be surprised to see a Monday or Tuesday delivery from Apple. A lot of phones are already being stored in the United States.

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
My Silver 5S was updated this morning and I will have it Monday by FedEx according to the tracking number. Ordered at 3:02AM EST (when the button to finish order was hit).

ewils19

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Dallas, TX

I was going to order from AT&T since their site came up earlier than the Apple Store App but their shipping estimate for the 64 GB Gold was 7-28 days while Apple's was 1-3. So for people getting gold, I suspect Apple will end up delivering faster.

thematt

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
My Silver 5S was updated this morning and I will have it Monday by FedEx according to the tracking number. Ordered at 3:02AM EST (when the button to finish order was hit).

Did you order from Apple.Com?? I ordered at 3:06AM. Close behind you !!

brinycbri

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2007
Will it update over the weekend though? I would think that nothing would change until monday. I also assume it's shipping from china.

Lyons00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
Been charged (pending transaction) for the iPhone 5s. Ordered at 12:01 PST from the apple store app, received email confirmation at 12:03.

Still processing!!

Last edited:

thematt

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
I don't think it's shipping from China this year. I've seen people who ordered from carries (not Apple) say theirs is shipping from Kentucky and Ohio. Mine is still processing. really wish I had ordered from AT&T instead. then I'd have her Monday.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I ordered from AT&T (we have a FAN discount, so we *had* to, I believe, but whatever), and was pleasantly pleased to see that my phone has shipped and will arrive on Monday.

I have a FAN account and I ordered from Apple with no problem so no, you don't *have to*.

stretch80

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
Michigan
Does anybody know when your carrier will start your new contract date. The day you ordered it or the day you activated it? I have AT&T. I also ordered from the apple store app at 0302/pst. Still shows processing for me too. Reason I ask is for once iPhone 6 comes out I wanna be eligible for partial upgrade then.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009

The only orders that have shipped from AT&T are 16GB versions (3 colors) and 1 32GB that was space grey, the rest of us are still waiting for AT&T to update the status to shipping. So a 64GB silver would not have gotten to you on monday most likely even if you did order through AT&T.

thematt

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
The only orders that have shipped from AT&T are 16GB versions (3 colors) and 1 32GB that was space grey, the rest of us are still waiting for AT&T to update the status to shipping. So a 64GB silver would not have gotten to you on monday most likely even if you did order through AT&T.

oh really? okay that makes me feel better I guess. not really. I'm so excited and impatient lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.