Carriers Shipping - Apple Store Processing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thematt, Sep 21, 2013.

1. thematt macrumors member

thematt

I ordered the Silver 64GB on Apple.Com at 3:06AM Friday. I thought ordering from Apple was the better decision. However, now I'm seeing that AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile orders placed at the same time have already begin shipping for a Monday delivery.

I'm stuck at 'processing items' on the online Apple store.

Any idea when Apple will begin shipping? I'm bitter that carriers seem to be shipping faster than the source.

2. Klae17 macrumors 6502a

Klae17

It's also the other way around. Apple is shipping faster than my Att order.

3. thematt thread starter macrumors member

thematt

Really? I've seen 0 people say their Apple.Com order had shipped. but this gives me hope.

4. Klae17 macrumors 6502a

Klae17

Well I didn't say they are shipped, just saying my wait time is longer than the apple stores wait time on shipping. But let's wait together!

5. thematt thread starter macrumors member

thematt

oh. okay. my wait time isn't that long. definite delivery is Sept. 27- Oct 1st. But it's weird to me that no one has a 'Preparing for shipping' status yet.

6. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

The shipping status will change either tonight or tomorrow night that's been my past experience with ordering through apple.com for the iPhone launches

7. thematt thread starter macrumors member

thematt

I really hope so! I'm so excited.

8. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Well, my 5s dock just shipped, arrival Tuesday via FedEx. Original order showed Sept 27-Oct 1 via USPS.

I tend to think the iPhones will start showing at least preparing for shipment vary soon (like later today). Mine's a 64 GB Space Gray AT&T, ships 1-3 days. I have a feeling Apple will expedite shipping as much as possible (as others quoted Apple support saying). We shall see soon!

9. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I know you are anxious but it will likely ship this weekend. Updating the system when shipping is from China may not be as accurate. Mine still shows processing but still 1-3 day to ship. Apple is usually very conservative so for all we know they have already shipped.

I was lucky and a new 5S grey 64 showed up at my office for me. Someone stood in line to make me very happy.

You will love the 5S

10. thematt thread starter macrumors member

thematt

I just see more and more carriers shipping phones for a Monday delivery and then nothing from Apple. so disappointed. I'll be ordering from AT&T next time.

11. zipster macrumors 6502

I ordered from AT&T (we have a FAN discount, so we *had* to, I believe, but whatever), and was pleasantly pleased to see that my phone has shipped and will arrive on Monday.

12. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

Don't be surprised to see a Monday or Tuesday delivery from Apple. A lot of phones are already being stored in the United States.

13. DayOfChaos macrumors 6502

My Silver 5S was updated this morning and I will have it Monday by FedEx according to the tracking number. Ordered at 3:02AM EST (when the button to finish order was hit).

14. ewils19 macrumors 6502

I was going to order from AT&T since their site came up earlier than the Apple Store App but their shipping estimate for the 64 GB Gold was 7-28 days while Apple's was 1-3. So for people getting gold, I suspect Apple will end up delivering faster.

15. Trsmoothie macrumors member

Bought my silver 5s at 3:08am est and not shipped yet.

16. thematt thread starter macrumors member

thematt

Did you order from Apple.Com?? I ordered at 3:06AM. Close behind you !!

17. wenstinator macrumors member

hope its not shipping from Shenzhen/Hong Kong.... epic storm coming

18. Trsmoothie macrumors member

Close behind you also. Let us know when yours ships. Thanks!

19. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

Will it update over the weekend though? I would think that nothing would change until monday. I also assume it's shipping from china.

20. Lyons00, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013

Lyons00 macrumors 6502

Been charged (pending transaction) for the iPhone 5s. Ordered at 12:01 PST from the apple store app, received email confirmation at 12:03.

Still processing!!

21. thematt thread starter macrumors member

thematt

I don't think it's shipping from China this year. I've seen people who ordered from carries (not Apple) say theirs is shipping from Kentucky and Ohio. Mine is still processing. really wish I had ordered from AT&T instead. then I'd have her Monday.

22. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

I have a FAN account and I ordered from Apple with no problem so no, you don't *have to*.

23. stretch80 macrumors regular

stretch80

Does anybody know when your carrier will start your new contract date. The day you ordered it or the day you activated it? I have AT&T. I also ordered from the apple store app at 0302/pst. Still shows processing for me too. Reason I ask is for once iPhone 6 comes out I wanna be eligible for partial upgrade then.

24. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

The only orders that have shipped from AT&T are 16GB versions (3 colors) and 1 32GB that was space grey, the rest of us are still waiting for AT&T to update the status to shipping. So a 64GB silver would not have gotten to you on monday most likely even if you did order through AT&T.

25. thematt thread starter macrumors member

thematt

oh really? okay that makes me feel better I guess. not really. I'm so excited and impatient lol