Carrying the phone naked, one pocket is for the phone only and the other for keys etc

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobby Corwen, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I don't really use a case anymore, I found that if I just dedicate one of my pockets, (the left) to only the iPhone and make sure to never put anything in that pocket and put everything else like my keys and wallet in the other pocket, I can effectively not need a case.

I realized this is important cuz I recently got some mini subtle light scratches and I have no idea where they came from.

The core trinity of my keys wallet and phone is the main 3 things I always check before I leave a place and the iPhone has it's own special designated pocket.

2. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Uhm no kidding? I thought ppl knew to do this?

3. pyro008 macrumors 6502

Did you really just figure this out? I carried my phone in a separate pocket since I had a nokia brick.

4. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I know right? I did this since I got my first phone at 15

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

how many naked iphone threads do we need! btw I heard dropping it might not be good either.

6. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

You have too much stuff in your right pocket. Start dedicating something for your back pocket as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

cuz girls only have 1 pocket? lol

8. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

I always put phone in one and keys in the other.

9. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

How many girls do you know that keep iPhones and keys and wallets in their pockets? :rolleyes:

10. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Don't even get me started on women's "fashion". Apparently, they think females don't even want pockets (it's hard to find a decent pair of pants with pockets for work). Half the time they sew up the pockets even if they put them in (if you're lucky there is still pockets there that you can cut them open, if not, they just sew a pocket looking like area). 50% of the time the back pockets are fake and the rest of the time they are also sewn up.

I had a friend in college who had a really good rant on why women's fashion was really there to keep females down that revolved around the fact they didn't like putting pockets on women's clothes.

11. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

hahah i kid i kid

purses hold keys and wallets, butt pockets hold phones.

though never really understood how this works when you want to sit down without smashing your phone :confused::D

12. aleni macrumors 68020

i never use a case from the first iPhone to the iPhone 4. it stays alone in my left pocket, never had any scratch except my iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4 being dropped several times from the bed side.

but sometimes i heard my iPhone crying at night coz she feels lonely and awful after being harassed on the boobs and then left alone in the pocket.

13. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I've been doing this since I was 13. Thought it was common knowledge! Well, at least you're not scratching your phone anymore. :D

Generally, it is a good idea to keep your phone (especially a nice one) in a separate pocket. In my opinion, wouldn't it be a little awkward to put more than that in a pocket anyway? :confused: Or maybe that's just for us guys that wear skinny jeans. :p Generally I think it would be uncomfortable though, and cause unsightly bulges if someone were to carry their phone and ring of keys in the same pants pocket. :D

14. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Here's my setup:

Right Front Pocket: Cell Phone
    Left Front Pocket: Chapstick
    Left Rear Pocket: Keys
    Right Rear Pocket: Wallet

Unless I'm wearing cargos - then the wallet goes in the Right Cargo Pockets.

Pickpockets, now you know.

15. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Damn them gypsies. ;)

My setup is always:

Left front: Cell
    Right front: spare change and/or keys
    left back: nothing, unless I'm wearing my dress pants in which my wallet goes here because the pocket buttons shut.
    right back: wallet

:D

16. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

This is...brilliant. I mean seriously genius. All this time I've been carrying my phone in the same pocket as my sand and metal shavings. I couldn't figure out for the life of me where all the gouges and dents came from. Thank you Bobby...thank god for you.

17. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

My layout for as long as I can remember:

Front left: phone
    Front right: keys, wallet, lip balm
    Back left/right: paper (folded to most appropriate size)

EDIT: The post above mine made me laugh so hard I thought it should be mentioned.

18. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

Heres my setup:

Front
    Right: keys and wallet
    Left: iPhone 4 32GB Black

Back
    Right: quarters and breath-mints/gum
    Left: nothing

19. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I think you'll just have to accept that.
    I don't really care about scratches anymore since it's going to happen anyways.

20. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

The only issue I had when keeping my fone in my front left pocket is pocket dust. Tends to get in all the ports and can cause issues.

Hence if im at work it goes in a pdair vertical leather holster with belt clip.

If it now goes in my pocket it goes in the same style holster without a belt clip version.

Each to their own.

21. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

Front right: wallet, phone (in case) (phone next to smooth leather wallet is really kind of like more protection...)

Front left: keys, change, misc stuff

Back pockets: Are you kidding? Nothing...

I first tried putting my wallet in my back pocket years ago when I was visiting NYC - yeah, I was young and stupid back then. I tried it for maybe 2 hours, but I kept going back to make sure it was still there, and finally decided to permanently keep my wallet up front where it belongs (and where I don't have to constantly worry if someone took it.)

22. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Isn't this a no-brainer? With that said, most pockets are seamed in too small for us females. I always keep my phone in the zip compartment of my bag, and then throw whatever junk is left outside.

23. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Is this a trick question? If you're carrying your phone naked you have no pockets. :rolleyes:

24. Stanjara macrumors member

Omg

I don't know why is such a problem to have a case and screen shield. If you want a separate pocket buy some kind of leather sleeve. I have vulcan black case for my 3gs and a screen protector and i don't have to worry where i put it, and the phone looks all black and stealth-y. On the other hand if you rockin it naked....just don't care. My friend is carrying it naked for two years and the phone is in worst shape ever. Back side all cracked and apple logo erased form scratches...no shine on the phone whatsoever, chrome bezel destroyed. He is using it like every other person and it is fine.

I mean...if you want it naked then don't be a p...y. Live with the scratches and dents and be cool about it. If you want a case...find a real cool one that you like.

The worst thing is rocking it naked and then write on the forums...I dont like cases but OMG i have a scratch....but how... i don't carry keys with it

Where is your common sense... of course it is going to get scratched...maybe not today, but in a month, or two..yeah....just live with it