Carson learning a few tricks from his boss

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2013
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37661794
"Cut her mic."

"Cut her mic."

No-one's ever said my microphone should be cut before, so when Dr Ben Carson suggested I should be shut up after I asked him if he thought the women accusing Donald Trump of sexual abuse were lying, I was a bit flabbergasted. It sounded almost Soviet.
Apparently it doesn't matter to Carson whether a presidential candidate is a predator.

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
Boo hoo
"Replaying the tape I see it also looks rather bullying"
I woman, I strong hear me roar. But don't talk over me. Then I need protection.

"this happens in the workplace all the time, men who talk over women at meetings, who take credit for a woman's idea"
Welcome to the workplace, men do this to each other.

Reactions: webbuzz

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
That is the equivalent of telling her to shut up. Something guys do to each other over something as simple as a football game.
This was supposed to be a political discussion, not a bunch of "bros" arguing over [what the **** ever pointless thing people argue over football].

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
The football game analogy was to show how petty the things are that men will argue over.
You can have all the petty arguments you want in a casual setting. Human beings, male and female alike, are supposed to act better than that in a professional setting.

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37661794
"Cut her mic."

Apparently it doesn't matter to Carson whether a presidential candidate is a predator.
Has it ever mattered in America's history? Even the forefathers were the bastion of wholesomeness. People just didn't talk about it - or if they did they didn't because of the greater good. Politicians on both sides of their respective aisles, back in the day...

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Don't bother. Most people can't see past their own bias. It's not their fault.
Good, recognizing you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
[doublepost=1476496655][/doublepost]
Ah yes. The good ol' days of "that depends on what your definition of is, is."
Civility and honesty are not the same thing. Not that Trump is capable of either.

Last edited: