Carter Page

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AlliFlowers, Apr 11, 2017.

1. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Even his Russian handlers described him as an idiot. He owed himself as "male number one" in the FISA warrant.

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'm not surprised to learn that there was a FISA warrant on him. He has been my long standing pick for the first domino that would fall. I am a bit surprised how early the warrant was done though. Seems like last summer. It would have been interesting to see if all this drip drip drip of Russian stuff would have had an effect on the election results if it had been known sooner. But we'll never know.

3. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carter_Page

Hope that helped. I know how Trump staffers & supporters have short memories with former colleagues caught associating with Russian agents when they said they didn't.

4. Zenithal macrumors 68040

And when did I become a Trump supporter? I've only been lambasting him for the last year. The likely reason I don't know who he is, is because the Trump administration doesn't have any foreign policy whatsoever, or any policy of any kind. Or any semblance of intelligence.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

He's been talked about here and there, but largely the public and media attention has been on more high profile people like Flynn and Manifort. But Page always truck me as odd. He wasn't very well known before all this. Who is he, why did he have a role big enough that Trump would mention by name? Why was he cut from a role in the administration? All this stuff has never made sense and has always looked fishy.

6. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Frankly the whole point of foreign agents is to try to stay below the radar, so it doesn't surprise me that he doesn't have a high profile. It sounds like they caught this guy red-handed, but let us wait for the investigation to be complete before passing judgement.

7. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Most of his administration are unknown to the general public unless you worked or had interests in their previous field. He's surrounded himself with "Yes Men." Further investigation isn't required to understand the depraved nature of this administration's intellect or lack thereof.

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Well, the commonality between many of these people is....wait for it......Russia.

Today news came out that Paul Manafort will become the second person in the Trump campaign to retroactively declare himself a foreign agent. Really? Multiple people were advising the campaign while not declaring they were working for other governments? That's so very wrong.

Meanwhile Carter Page was meeting with Russian spies. And then there's Roger Stone and all his Russian connections too and connection to Manafort who has ties to Ukraine/Russia. It's all so incestuous.

9. AlliFlowers thread starter Contributor

AlliFlowers

All reasons that we need to see Trump's taxes.