Case for iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jacobss, May 10, 2012.

1. jacobss macrumors 6502

I finally ordered my iphone 4S, but now I'm not sure what case I need to buy, anyone know some good cases?

2. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Depends on how you plan to use it. There are dozens of different styles for different types of protection. I use a Mophie Juice Pack cause I enjoy the option of recharging my device any time and any where.

3. calb macrumors 6502

You don't need any, but I highly recommend Speck Pixelskin HD for everyday use. Its camera cutout is excellent: shaped and coloured in such a way that it doesn't interfere with the camera or flash, and large enough that you can easily wipe away any dust or muck.

I also have a slim leather Sena sleeve which is more appropriate in formal circumstances (black) than my Pixelskin (blue).

4. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I used to have a Speck case but it was just too bulky. I switched to an InCase Slider and its been working out great.

5. miragebg macrumors 6502a

Desmay Black for me. Don't like bulky cases, so this is perfect as long as it doesn't hide the beauty of the phone's design.

6. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Get a magpul case. It's $10, tight fit and slim. I also really like the iSkin Revo cases at www.iSkin.com. Great cases and great protection.

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

8. DocMarlor macrumors member

DocMarlor

How do you like the Sena sleeve? I have been considering getting one for quite awhile.

9. jacobss thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestions, I will now look which one is the best for me.

10. cynics macrumors G3

I have a life proof because I work in the rain and sometime sweat so badly stuff in my pockets gets wet (gross right).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That said I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you are outdoors quite a lot. Be it work, camping, water sports etc etc. It's over priced and requires a bit of getting used too. Makes you really appreciate a naked iPhone though lol.

11. jacobss thread starter macrumors 6502

The black Speck PixelSkin HD looks good, added to my cart :D

12. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Speck has a good warranty program as well. I just sent them my candyshell case that had the bridge near the dock connector broken off. And they are now sending me a brand new one in the mail as we speak.

13. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

iSkin Solo for me. It's extremely thin and lightweight and has amazing quality. Has never failed me. Don't believe all the hype about Otterbox! Bulky, heavy, and cracked on me from much less falls than my iSkin has taken.

14. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I skin is a great company. I had the Solo for my iPhone 3G but use the Revo 4 for my iPhone 4S. Check them out.

15. rang macrumors newbie

An alternative to the Mophie Juice Pak in the slider power case style cases is:

The Tekkeon slider case. It doesn't use up the limited charge cycles you have on your internal battery. And extra Tekkeon rechargable batteries are cheap.

http://tekkeon.com/products-mypower-iphone-1280.html

I use a very nice, tough Seideo swivel holster clip that holds the Tekkeon cased 4S for a great secure combo that's easy to get at but still secure. It's actually made for another smartphone but fits like a glove as if it was mfg'd for the 4S Tekkeon combo.

16. iSR5 macrumors member

I don't like cases, it makes your iphone bigger :( .

seriously why we cover up the iPhone and super size it until you need to sew an additional pocket on your pants to fit!!!! :eek:

anyway,

I use a full body protector from ZAGG, I've been using it for about 2 years, until now it's the best body protector i've ever used. :D

17. KAB2010, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012

KAB2010 macrumors 6502

Also liking the iSkin Claro, but I can't figure out if it's the same material as the Solo. I'd love a clear case only if it doesn't have plastic in contact with the device since that only leads to scratches.

Edit: answered my own question. Here's the video review for the claro (I'd pass on that one personally)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvTzs5TcMac

18. OneBigFatNinja macrumors member

+1 The commuter is good. Depends on your needs really so look around. I have Zagg front and back under the otterbox commuter as my job requires a bit more protection than when I'm at home.

19. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I would suggest the Incipio NGP Impact Resistant case. It's gotten good reviews on amazon and It fits the phone perfectly. Here are some picture:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

21. breezyf808 macrumors regular

A friend (verizon rep) hooked me up with the black griffin case with the fake black leather backing ($5)
    It never had let me down. I dropped my 4s from launch day about a hundred times and there's no scratches or it hasn't crack plus it's real slim and doesn't look bulky at all.

But just got a powermat since it was on sell and about to use that casing that comes with it