Case ordered from Apple won't fit 4s (they said it would)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3bs, Nov 3, 2011.

1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

When I decided to buy the 4S on the apple online store I went to iPhone 4S page for cases and it showed me cases for the 4S. I ordered a Belkin Shield Micra Case for iPhone and I just tried it on my 4S and the mute switch is covered by the case.. What should I do? Will Apple refund me? It is clearly their mistake since they had it in the cases for the 4S. I also got a bumper which fits but you can see that the mute switch isn't centered in the hole for the mute switch but at least it fits. I am well aware of the shift of the mute switch but Apple must be aware of it too and shouldn't have had that case in that section. I don't have any Apple stores in Dublin so I can't go to one

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Know nothing of the Belkin.

But the official Apple Bumper, mute switch will not be centered, they made it universal long ago for the CDMA verizon iPhone 4 and GSM both suiting their different mute switch locations.

3. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I'm not asking about the Belkin case because I have it and it won't fit. I'm asking will Apple refund me or let me get another case of the same price or something?

4. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

Of course they will.

:apple:

5. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I think its within 14 days if you got if from apple

6. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

What should I do? Call them? Email them? Will I have to mail it to them or will they send someone to pick it up?

7. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

If you got it at the apple store I'm pretty sure you can just go back in and they will refund your money.

8. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Like I said, we don't have any Apple stores in Dublin and I got it online

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

From the Apple Store website for Ireland:
    http://store.apple.com/ie/help/returns_refund

It describes returns and refunds, and instructions to call Apple Care for defective (Apple) items.

Also, here's a little joke:

Q. Why is Dublin Ireland's largest city?
    A. Because it's doublin' every day.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

10. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Thanks

And I heard that joke on Hall Pass but it was a pickup line "You must be from Ireland, because when I look at you, my penis is Dublin"

----------

Looks like I'm gonna have to give them a call tomorrow and figure out why "Your item(s) are ineligible for return online. To return this item, call an Apple Online Store representative at 1800 92 38 98"

11. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

One of the best parts of owning an Apple product is their stellar customer service. I'm sure they will take care of you.

Especially since they can't blame this one on AT&T.. ha..ha..ha..

12. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I called Apple today and the women that I talked to must have apologised 6 or 7 times. She said I'd be refunded in 7 days I think. I was surprised that she didn't mention anyone picking the case up or me mailing it to them or something so I didn't bring it up. That means I get to keep it, right? I can give it to my sis