Cases to fit over iPhone 3G with Screen and full Body protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Khryz, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

As the title states. I'm actually in the process now of applying the Bestskinsever front and back protectors to my iPhone 3G and I was wondering if anyone has still been able to find an iPhone 3G case that can fit comfortably around a phone with these screen protectors on?

I have the Griffin Elan Leather Form case that I liked until I started reading about how it easily scratches the phone, so I took it right off. But protecting the phone from scratches isn't the only problem, having the phone on me 24/7 warrants a case to protect it from accidental drops.

Any ideas?

2. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat. I'll impart to you the wisdom i've obtained over the last few weeks:

Silcone cases, in general work well

All the Switcheasy products fit fine (Capsule Rebel, Capsule Neo, Colors)

Most hard cases that "snap" together front and back, like the agent 18 or the contour hardskin work

What doesn't work: form fitting hard cases, like the incase slider, griffin elan form etc.

Hope this helps.

3. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat. I'll impart to you the wisdom i've obtained over the last few weeks:

Silcone cases, in general work well

All the Switcheasy products fit fine (Capsule Rebel, Capsule Neo, Colors)

Most hard cases that "snap" together front and back, like the agent 18 or the contour hardskin work

What doesn't work: form fitting hard cases, like the incase slider, griffin elan form etc.

Hope this helps.

4. Kaushal macrumors member

I have screen protector & bodyguardz on back. My carbon fibre leather case of casemate fits well.

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Marware Flexi-Shell works well with a skin, using it now. Rebel and Neo also work.

6. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I thought the whole idea of putting on a BSE, IS etc... full body protectors, was you DIDN'T need to use a case.

7. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Well, you thought wrong. I use both because when I am home on the weekends, or don't plan on bringing my phone out for a while, I like to take it out of a case and feel the awesome design of the Iphone. With a skin on there I can do that without having it get all scratched up and nasty looking. Then when I want to go out and the chances of it hitting pavement increase, I can pop a case on and be protected.

8. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Colors case works the best IMO with a fully body zagg. ( perfect install )

9. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

What about the SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel case? Can that comfortably fit around an iPhone 3G with front and back BSE installed?

10. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense.

11. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

No prob, it's a little extreme but works well for me.

12. m98evolution macrumors newbie

I found the Switcheasy Neo to fit perfectly with the fullbodyfilms protection pack installed and so it should work well with your bestskinsever. Thus far, this combination is the perfect solution for my protection needs and I often take my phone out of the Neo. Good luck!

13. selena12321, Oct 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014

selena12321 macrumors member