Cases: what do you recommend?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bruleke, Dec 15, 2011.

1. bruleke macrumors 6502

bruleke

Hi, people!
    I have just bought this case: Vapor Element case.Its made of aluminum.

I gotta tell you that I feel comfortable about my iphone's safety now. It has some internal rubs that absorbs the impact if it falls.

Anyway, my phone now is a little bit bigger and my concern is: how about the reception? Does any of you have this case?

I've used my phone with and without the case and didnt notice any major difference, but I am new at this... its my first iphone (ip4s) and I received it yesterday.

Should I buy another case?
    By the way, any case tips?

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

There is little doubt that the case WILL reduce your reception! If you read the vapor threads in the accessories section, it is well documented. I tried one for about 2 weeks and it would drop me by at least one bar and sometimes new compared to no vapor.

3. bruleke thread starter macrumors 6502

bruleke

Honestly? Vapor cases are uncomfortable to use! I am getting a Speck SeeThru case today. It seems better.

4. mms13 macrumors 6502

Ever since my iPhone 3G, I've always used Incase cases.

My favorite is probably the snap case because it's not bulky at all but still provides good protection. I'm currently rocking a black perforated snap case on my white 4S, looks great. If you want a little more protection than that, the Slider cases are also really nice.

5. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

I LOVE my Incipio NGP. Hands down, best case I've ever used.

6. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Metal will block RF. That's physics.

I use an Incase slider pro (or something like that), which I loved on my iPod Touch, and I still love this case, but it is cracked in several places for no apparent reason, and likes to start sliding off the phone kind of randomly, so I would not recommend that.

Incase has some really nice super thin cases, but they don't provide much protection. I'm not sure what I'll get next if the Incase finishes falling apart.

----------

Just did a quick Google search, I would probably get an Incipio case next time around, I've had good luck with their Kindle cases, I see a lot of Speck cases, and I hear they are well made, I just think they are ugly personally.

7. PaulyD macrumors 6502

I recommend posting in the accessories section here

8. echo2011 macrumors regular

Same, I have the Incipio NGP matte black along with a Power Support screen protector, a combo that works perfectly together.

9. iFalcon macrumors regular

I have also been a user of the Incipio NGP. It's fantastic case, great grip, looks fantastic, and cheap. It does add a little thickness.

This past weekend I noticed Office Depot was carrying the iLuv Gelato case. I picked up the black, but iLuv does make it in the translucent grey also.

It's the same material as the NGP, but thinner. It covers the volume and power button just like the NGP and provides great response when pushing the buttons. I've been very happy with this case. I believe it was $15.

Just my .02. Happy Holidays.

10. antman2295 macrumors 6502

I HIGHLY RECCOMEND the Speck Candy Shell! It is amazing, it has survived getting run over by a car(a couple times), fell off a roof about 10ft off the ground, and less than an hour later fell 15+ft from a tree. The case still looks perfect, and the phone has no damage at all! In addtion to all the other 3ft drops that happen all the time.

11. bruleke thread starter macrumors 6502

bruleke

Yeah, I will sell my Vapor case. Its heavy, the phone slides in my hand and its big.
    I have just bought an iSkin Solo black case :) half the price where I live! Couldnt resist! I used to use iSkin solo case for my ipod touch and was pleased with it!

12. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Search/browse the Accessories subforum.