Casey Neistat’s “The Very Best Smartwatch” Video

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by EggyBaby, Sep 26, 2018.

1. EggyBaby Suspended

thoughts?

While the chart was confusing he hits the nail on the head. What is it you want out of the watch?

I’m an athlete and I no doubt will continue to use the garmin 935 watch for my runs and cycling activities but will have the Apple Watch series 4 for notifications and non serious activities like walks and jogs.

2. parseckadet macrumors 65816

parseckadet

No new information, and he doesn't even really take a unique approach in presenting his opinion. And he just comes off as a total jackass who thinks he's the coolest guy around but really isn't.

3. Starship67 Suspended

Starship67

4. EggyBaby thread starter Suspended

It was the garmin if you’re an athlete.

If you’re a nerd and like notifications get the Apple Watch.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I don’t mean to be dismissive, but I don’t care for Casey Neistat either. I don’t care how big of a ‘YouTuber’ he is or how much money he makes, some of his reviews are really non-informative and useless.

6. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

I think the better answer is if you’re workout data nerd then it was Garmin but everyone else it’s Apple Watch.

7. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

He's more of a creative content producer, I wouldn't exactly care for his opinion on tech either; especially something as personalized as an apple watch.

8. canyonblue737 macrumors 65816

Normally his tech reviews / insight are a mess but he was pretty accurate in this video, although more long winded and complicated then it need be.

Basically...

From smartest to dumbest...

1. Apple Watch
    2. Android Watches
    3. Fitness watches like Garmin / Fitbit
    4. Regular watches

He also shows the battery life is inverse of the above, which is a valid point. He is clear the build quality and ecosystem is by far the best on the Apple Watch but points out the running and fitness tracking on the Garmin is unparalleled and with good battery life.

He advocates using the one that fits you best. Just want to know someone is calling / texting and love to run? Get the Garmin because then you get world class tracking and 2 week battery life. Want a true modern computer on your wrist that is like a fine piece of jewelry? Get an Apple Watch. Don't have an iPhone but want a closer to Apple Watch experience? Get an Android Wear. Don't want to deal with something on your wrist but the time? Get a regular watch with 2+ year battery life.

Pretty straight forward but not wrong.