Catalina 10.15 Music no importing my old iTunes songs

Discussion in 'macOS Catalina (10.15)' started by gab.es.06, Jun 6, 2019.

1. gab.es.06 macrumors newbie

Hi, I added the beta Mac OS 10.15 but none of my ripped music, playlists or ratings came over, it just shows purchases from iTunes Store, none of my own music, I have a back up of my itunes library, is anyone able to advise how I can bring my library and history into the new app please?

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

It should carry over, because mine got carried over when upgrading in-place.

Maybe you can try to import your library to the new music app? Or import your iTunes library file (make sure you have a backup of it) and se how it goes.

3. gab.es.06 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, for some reason mine did not, if I do an import I will loos all of the data, like how many played, library, ratings etc, I would like to preserve the history, I thought about dragging over the file to the new folder, but this does not seam to work, maybe its got a different file type?

4. Superhai macrumors 6502

Superhai

The format for the Library db files are different. In Music the library meta files are in a folder package. Inside you will find the .itdb files, but the Library.itl is now a .musicdb. I am not sure if there is a way to manually convert from iTunes to Music. If your library did not automatically convert I guess you are out of luck.

I have not yet tried to upgrade my main iTunes library Mac, as I want to wait until it is more mature. But on my laptop with very few files, it did not do and conversion successfully, and I end up with both an iTunes folder, and a Music library folder. The actual iTunes while removed, still retained an icon in launchpad which I had to remove afterwards.

5. gab.es.06, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019

gab.es.06 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, as the conversion was not successful, will need a way to convert to the new format I guess, any ideas?

6. gab.es.06 thread starter macrumors newbie

would there be a way to import all of the data from the music app on my iPhone?