Catholic League On Maher's 'Anti-Catholic' Jokes: TW Must Have 'A Serious Talk w/Him

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Mar 28, 2013.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I guess Sarah Palin's upcoming book on the War on Christmas isn't enough to stir up the faithful. Seriously, Catholic League?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/27/catholic-league-decries-bill-maher-anti-catholic-jokes_n_2965645.htmlLink

List of all 39 jokes

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Or they could just, ya know, not watch his show if it offends them. I can think of plenty of things catholics have done to offend the rest of the world, but I'm not trying to shut them up.

3. chown33 macrumors 604

I had two thoughts:

1. 39 jokes between 1998-2013 is less than one joke every 4 months.

2. Some famous guy once said, "Turn the other cheek", or something like that. I'm sure I'll remember his name eventually.

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Instead of complaining about the jokes people make about your religion, why don't you change your actions so they don't have such an easy target anymore?

5. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yeah. I know who you're talking about, but can't recall his name, either. Gaw. What was his name? He drove that funny looking car, always listened to the Gin Blossoms...

6. iMikeT macrumors 68020

Didn't Bill O'Riley declare victory in the so-called war on Christmas?

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Exactly.

Maher also mocks born-agains a lot. But of course they say and do a lot of things that invite it as well.

8. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

And how many jabs have the catholic priests took towards under age boys? CASE CLOSED!!!

Screw the priests that are hiding behind the all mighty power church and not facing any real consequences. And screw the church for protecting them.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

39 jokes in over ten years? I make more catholic jokes in a week then that, and pretty much everyone I know does as well (all christians).

Sounds like a certain group needs to grow a spine.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If the Catholic church wants the pedo jokes to stop then they need to punish all the pedophiles and the pedophile protectors in the church.

This is an organisation who made a bishop resign for having sex with an adult woman.