Caught on tape, Romney supports trump.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 1458279, Mar 2, 2016.

1. 1458279 Suspended

Romney showing support for Trump before Trump was the front runner. Now, he's changing his mind.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Do recall that Trump endorsed Romney back in 2012. But lets wait till 9:30AM MT tomorrow. I'm sure Romney is going to bash the hell out of Trump. I mean its only fair right? Trump has been bashing Romney for quite some time now. Boy is this election year a disaster on both sides.

3. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Looks like we'll have more insight into how things work as this unfolds.
    Trump supported Romney because he really didn't have many choices. Sometimes it's down to things that aren't your 1st choice.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Poor Mitt. He embarrassed himself chasing Trump for his endorsement in 2008 and now he thinks anyone gives a **** what he has to say. Mitt helped create where we are today. If Mitt really wants to help, he should get up in front of the microphones and heartily endorse Trump.

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

On much-maligned talk radio, this morning the consensus appears to be, "Mitt, shut up and sit down."

6. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I'd have to agree, we wanted Mitt, he's probably a good guy, but that was another time. He wasn't our 1st choice, but I really don't know who was the 1st choice back then.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Well, first it was Michelle Bachmann, then Herman Cain, then Mike Huckabee, then Rudy Giuliani, then back to Herman Cain, then...

8. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

You left out Newt :D
    What's very different this time is that Trump has been #1 for pretty much the whole time.

9. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

Who cares what Mitt thinks about anything? He failed us.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yuck! I was stopping in here before having dinner. Now maybe I'll just have a cup of tea and some toast and try to decide if I can stand watching some of the GOP debate later on.

On the OP's original issue: No biggie. Romney was just for Trump before he was against him. Even rigidly ideological politics is pretty fluid when it comes to pols endorsing pols.

What I'd like to see is where Christie tries to take his pathetic game next. Loved that Bridgegate cartoon of him blocking Rubio's path with Trump signs.

11. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

12. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

He finally shows wisdom for once.