Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkgremio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
Well this has been a long time coming. I got a Macbook when they came out and as of today I am getting rid of it somehow. I have already purchased a Macbook Pro and I believe I made a good decision for the factors in this post.

Since release I have gone through three Macbooks, due to keyboard issues with key sticking and catching. Tonight I unearthed another issue, which was the last straw for me having faith in this line of computers for portability and efficiency. The glass, which protects the panel began to get an imprint of the keys that would not come off regardless of how much I cleaned the glass. Also the trackpad and the line that runs across the Macbook between the keyboard and the track left a permanent imprint as well.

I have called Apple about this issue, spoke to a supervisor sent pictures over and they deemed it fell under the warranty. Unfortunately now I have to go to an Apple Store and get a genius also to take look it at and go from there. I told the Apple Care rep. about my dismay for this line of notebooks and I told them I wish I could somehow have a Macbook Pro again, due to all these issues. There was not much the Apple Care Rep. could in terms of my dismay towards this line of notebooks and the quality problem each Macbook replacement I get.

I use my notebooks on a daily basis, because I use it for work on the go and presentations to clients and such. Having my notebook is essential for my employability and my success in my career field. I am sick of having to deal with turn around times for this notebooks at my expense, when Apple is to blame for it's quality control on manufacturing these notebooks.

What leads me to my final conclusion for this post is it worth it contacting corporate relations and talking to someone about my dismay and how they have inconvinced me greatly with a flawed product I paid a premium price for? I believe that I deserve some sort of incentive for these problems.

Other than the quality issues the computer is excellent performance wise and such, it's just I am quite leery now of using this computer and the keyboard magically starts acting up when I am with a client explaining statistical outputs and such.

darkgremio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
This is a partial picture of the line, it's hard to get due to inadequate lighting and such. Also please disregard the residue on the screen I tried rubbing around the area to see if I could get that line out.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 206

fanta88

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I recently purchased one and am watching for the keyboard issues that quite a few people have reported.

With regards to the screen though, I'd be concerned that the rMBP will eventually suffer the same fate. They just issued a recall for what is a similar issue on the rMBPs.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
This is a partial picture of the line, it's hard to get due to inadequate lighting and such. Also please disregard the residue on the screen I tried rubbing around the area to see if I could get that line out.
Not easy to see the issue in that photo... I can see a faint horizontal line, but nothing more....
I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I recently purchased one and am watching for the keyboard issues that quite a few people have reported.

With regards to the screen though, I'd be concerned that the rMBP will eventually suffer the same fate. They just issued a recall for what is a similar issue on the rMBPs.
Totally different issue. You are speaking about stain UNDER the glass developed in some 2012-2013 retina MacBook Pro, this seem to be a mark appeared over the glass itself.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I can't see anything in the picture. I have seen some complaints (not many) about the screen but nothing enough to say there's an inherent issue.

Sorry that you've had so many headaches with the machine :( Its too expensive to be dealing with a lot of those issues.

Reactions: Queen6
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.