Cause its snowing in Febuary.Hannity/Limbaugh attack "Man Made Global Warming"

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Those two extremist are just bought off period, tell them to go measure some ice in the Arctic and then listen to their spin & Lies. The planet is warming thats not even a question anymore, mankind has billions of hot little engines running around,factories and on and on and on and they will still tell you lies and spin because for those two its party first,then lies then spin and back to party first and more spin. Extremist of all kinds are just sickening.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
The planet is warming thats not even a question anymore, mankind has billions of hot little engines running around
It doesn't matter that the engines are hot...

Breaking News: Limbaugh and Hannity say things that irritate liberal people.
Breaking News: Limbaugh and Hannity say things that should irritate everyone, not just liberals. If you're going to argue against climate change, can't you think of something better than "it's snowing"? What they say should irritate anyone who can think for themselves, conservatives and liberals alike.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Breaking News: Limbaugh and Hannity say things that should irritate everyone, not just liberals. If you're going to argue against climate change, can't you think of something better than "it's snowing"? What they say should irritate anyone who can think for themselves, conservatives and liberals alike.
Its like there being one hot day and saying that therefore climate change must be true.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
^^ The issue is that too many Americans do listen to people like them. Which allows non-issues like attempting to ban abortion and banning gay marriage to dominate US politics even though they are based on incredibly flimsy and generally religious (which is against the constitution) grounds.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Limbaugh and Hannity might believe their own hype, but even if they do they don't really care about it except in the sense that it makes them money and gains them notoriety.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
Global warming is not based on a single event or even a single season but a trend over long periods of time. Someone should show them a chart of average temperatures over the last 100 years... The evidence is right there in front of you and undebatable. The real question is what is causing it, man or is it natural?...

May 8, 2008
^^ The issue is that too many Americans do listen to people like them. Which allows non-issues like attempting to ban abortion and banning gay marriage to dominate US politics even though they are based on incredibly flimsy and generally religious (which is against the constitution) grounds.
Are you stating that the US Constitution wasn't based at all on any religious belief system? Intentional or otherwise?

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
Breaking News: Limbaugh and Hannity say things that irritate liberal people.
Probably true. If they didn't have an audience that's reactive enough to set the agenda for Congress, I'd be willing to ignore them completely.

I... If you're going to argue against climate change, can't you think of something better than "it's snowing"? What they say should irritate anyone who can think for themselves, conservatives and liberals alike.
Apparently Hannity and Limbaugh can't. The arguments are complex, but the ideologues are skilled at boiling every issue down to the pan.

Its like there being one hot day and saying that therefore climate change must be true.
Of course, some people do this, but they're also part of the scientifically illiterate.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Are you stating that the US Constitution wasn't based at all on any religious belief system? Intentional or otherwise?
He's saying that limiting rights which would/should ordinarily be granted to citizens but for religious zealotry is unconstitutional. What if my religion said that due process was a sin? Too bad. I disagree with him in that abortion should be allowed Constitutionally without debate, but being in favor of outlawing gay marriage is an indefensible and reprehensible position, even if you find the concept offensive or immoral.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
They continue to create confusion for their listeners.

I wish people like them would realize the following:
  • Weather =/= Climate
  • Policy =/= Science

May 8, 2008
He's saying that limiting rights which would/should ordinarily be granted to citizens but for religious zealotry is unconstitutional. What if my religion said that due process was a sin? Too bad. I disagree with him in that abortion should be allowed Constitutionally without debate, but being in favor of outlawing gay marriage is an indefensible and reprehensible position, even if you find the concept offensive or immoral.
Ok, thanks. I didn't initially read it like that earlier.

Sydde

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Limbaugh and Hannity might believe their own hype, but even if they do they don't really care about it except in the sense that it makes them money and gains them notoriety.
There is a solution to their mindlessness, dont watch and dont listen to these schmucks. It works.
No, you should listen to them, or at least be aware of what is driveling onto their microphones. Just pretend them into obscurity.

"Rush Limbaugh? Who is that?" That really upsets the "-heads.

Sydde

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Taxing carbon emissions or the cap and trade system. I don't see how anyone could think that would reduce carbon emissions.
And that is a valid concern. If my factory was going to face a punitive tax for its carbon output, and I could not trade with someone else to reduce the penalty, what would I do? Outsource to Malaysia? This system will only work if it can also capture carbon output that is being generated from imports.

StruckANerve

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
Rio Rancho, NM
And that is a valid concern. If my factory was going to face a punitive tax for its carbon output, and I could not trade with someone else to reduce the penalty, what would I do? Outsource to Malaysia? This system will only work if it can also capture carbon output that is being generated from imports.
It's nothing more than a huge money making scheme. Al Gore has made a fortune off stupid people willing to buy carbon credits.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
The Malaysians will be under pressure to reduce their emissions too and so they will probably have a carbon tax too.

That said a minimum carbon tax on imports would probably be a good idea.