Cause its snowing in Febuary.Hannity/Limbaugh attack "Man Made Global Warming"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Feb 9, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

So since were having this crazy weather in the atlantic coast which is normal this time of year Hannity and Limbaugh are now saying that this shows that Global Warming is some how a Hoax..

http://mediamatters.org/research/201002090032

there really getting desperate :D

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Those two extremist are just bought off period, tell them to go measure some ice in the Arctic and then listen to their spin & Lies. The planet is warming thats not even a question anymore, mankind has billions of hot little engines running around,factories and on and on and on and they will still tell you lies and spin because for those two its party first,then lies then spin and back to party first and more spin. Extremist of all kinds are just sickening.

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Breaking News: Limbaugh and Hannity say things that irritate liberal people.

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

It doesn't matter that the engines are hot...

Breaking News: Limbaugh and Hannity say things that should irritate everyone, not just liberals. If you're going to argue against climate change, can't you think of something better than "it's snowing"? What they say should irritate anyone who can think for themselves, conservatives and liberals alike.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Limbaugh and Hannity: poster children for scientific illiteracy.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Its like there being one hot day and saying that therefore climate change must be true.

7. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Am starting to doubt global warming's most popular model now too to be honest..

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Why so? And what is "the most popular model"?

Edit: as for rush/hannity they're just dishing up what their audience wants to hear.

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

There is a solution to their mindlessness, dont watch and dont listen to these schmucks. It works.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

^^ The issue is that too many Americans do listen to people like them. Which allows non-issues like attempting to ban abortion and banning gay marriage to dominate US politics even though they are based on incredibly flimsy and generally religious (which is against the constitution) grounds.

11. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Limbaugh and Hannity might believe their own hype, but even if they do they don't really care about it except in the sense that it makes them money and gains them notoriety.

12. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Global warming is not based on a single event or even a single season but a trend over long periods of time. Someone should show them a chart of average temperatures over the last 100 years... The evidence is right there in front of you and undebatable. The real question is what is causing it, man or is it natural?...

13. 184550 Guest

Are you stating that the US Constitution wasn't based at all on any religious belief system? Intentional or otherwise?

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Probably true. If they didn't have an audience that's reactive enough to set the agenda for Congress, I'd be willing to ignore them completely.

Apparently Hannity and Limbaugh can't. The arguments are complex, but the ideologues are skilled at boiling every issue down to the pan.

Of course, some people do this, but they're also part of the scientifically illiterate.

15. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

He's saying that limiting rights which would/should ordinarily be granted to citizens but for religious zealotry is unconstitutional. What if my religion said that due process was a sin? Too bad. I disagree with him in that abortion should be allowed Constitutionally without debate, but being in favor of outlawing gay marriage is an indefensible and reprehensible position, even if you find the concept offensive or immoral.

16. gibbz macrumors 68030

They continue to create confusion for their listeners.

I wish people like them would realize the following:
    • Weather =/= Climate
    • Policy =/= Science

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Option-= is your friend. ≠ ;)

18. 184550 Guest

Ok, thanks. I didn't initially read it like that earlier.

19. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Even if Global Warming is caused by C02 emissions, the plan they have to fix the problem is idiotic and a huge scam.

20. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

What is the plan? Who is "they" who decided on it? Why is it "idiotic"? And why is it a "huge scam"?

21. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

No, you should listen to them, or at least be aware of what is driveling onto their microphones. Just pretend them into obscurity.

"Rush Limbaugh? Who is that?" That really upsets the "-heads.

22. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Taxing carbon emissions or the cap and trade system. I don't see how anyone could think that would reduce carbon emissions.

23. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

And that is a valid concern. If my factory was going to face a punitive tax for its carbon output, and I could not trade with someone else to reduce the penalty, what would I do? Outsource to Malaysia? This system will only work if it can also capture carbon output that is being generated from imports.

24. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

It's nothing more than a huge money making scheme. Al Gore has made a fortune off stupid people willing to buy carbon credits.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The Malaysians will be under pressure to reduce their emissions too and so they will probably have a carbon tax too.

That said a minimum carbon tax on imports would probably be a good idea.