Cause of broken gasket or crown seal.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jaymc, Nov 30, 2015.

?

If you had your AW display detach or crown seal come out, have you polished your AW?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2015.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. jaymc macrumors regular

jaymc

Been reading of people having problems with the display coming off or the crown seal coming out and was wondering a possible cause. So I created a poll to see if there is any corrolation between polishing the watch and the defects.

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

You might want to update your poll to have four responses:
    1) No Polish & No Crown Seal Failure
    2) Polish & No Crown Seal Failure
    3) No Polish & Crown Seal Failure
    4) Polish & Crown Seal Failure

Then, you will have to figure out a way to adjust for selective participation. (The most likely to respond will be those who have had a failure and have not polished.)

3. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

Professionally polished, by jeweler who does polishing jewelry as living with lots of experience, vs amateur AW owner also could make some different.
    I will and had always take my traditional watches to professional jeweler for polishing, and there is going to be no different when my AW need a new coat. Some of my traditional watch does not cost more than $1000 also, but sentimental values are priceless for me to not take it to pro for polishing.

4. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

How will a poll help you?
    This isn't an issue.

Make your next poll "Has Apple Watch helped you communicate better with your pets?"

5. jaymc thread starter macrumors regular

jaymc

No reason to be an ass about it. Just move on.

6. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

It's silly.
    Things like this are what make other people believe in problems that don't exist.
    "Don't hold the steering wheel with your watch hand, it will throw the calibration off."
    You don't need to post every little thought that comes into your head.