iPad Pro CAUTION! New iPad Pro 11” (Glass Screen Protector) Issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by anaudiopro, Nov 7, 2018.

1. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Is this the same as the one on Zagg’s website that is $75? Invisible Shield vision guard?

2. newellj macrumors 604

AFAIK Zagg only has one glass screen protector on the market right now for the 11" iPP, so I think so...?

3. shinseiromeo macrumors regular

shinseiromeo

4. MacAtYou macrumors newbie

MacAtYou

I’m looking for others to confirm if this issue occurs when it’s plugged in. I’m convinced that if plugging it in resolves the issue for others as it does for me that this issue can be resolved by a firmware update that address device power utilisation

5. shinseiromeo macrumors regular

shinseiromeo

Some bad news so far based on one review on zagg's website:

6. Kal-037 macrumors 65816

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    It has minor issues still.

7. newellj macrumors 604

The comment about FaceID makes no sense, though. If it doesn't block or cover the camera, it shouldn't be possible that there's any issue with that. ???
    --- Post Merged, Jan 7, 2019 ---
    I returned my 11" LTE on Saturday and decided I really didn't want to go back to an earlier generation iPad, so I bought an 11" wifi today. The Omoton comes as a two-pack so I had one left over, which I just installed. Right now, it's perfect. We'll see if it gets dodgy. As someone pointed out, that might point to an issue with the adhesive. (?)

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

That’s a lot more then what I paid for the Media Devil. I paid the equivalent of $27 shipped.

9. shinseiromeo macrumors regular

shinseiromeo

On amazon or their site? Currently the price on their own website is $32.

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

I got mine from Amazon U.K. as I’m in the U.K. I think they removed it from their due to high demand though.

11. Windy Gale macrumors newbie

Windy Gale

Well I wish I had found this forum before!! I have had a number of Ipads and Ipad Pro's over the years. Because I use them for work in some pretty harsh environments, I have always put them in rugged/bomb proof cases like Lifeproof, Griffin or Otterbox. So when I received my new Ipad Pro 11", I was eagerly waiting for someone to release a case. Then otterbox released theirs a few week back so I rushed to order one.

The case has an integral screen protector which is Plastic. Once I received it, I was extremely disappointed to find that the screen touch didn't work properly making the Ipad useless. So I went back to otterbox and submitted a warranty claim, they immediately sent me a replacement which didn't work either. Unfortunately Otterbox didn't allow or ask what the issue was so I didn't get to tell them it was the screen protector that wasn't working.

So I decided to remove the screen protector for the case, so at least I had the physical protection while out on site. I then thought I would try a glass screen protector with the bare case. Then as so many people on here have found I tried 4 different ones which all failed. Eventually after reading this thread I ordered a thin film protector - which is the Olixar Film Protector from MobileFun, which is working perfectly.

So not ideal, but at least I have the physical protection from the Otterbox Case and some protection for the screen from the Olixar.

12. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

hey! I just got a 12.9 iPP and am on the market for a tempered glass screen protector. This thread has been going on for a while, is there one that does not involve sensitivity issues? Thanks!

13. hexagenia macrumors regular

hexagenia

Another report from someone who had high hopes for the new Zagg protector. Applied mine yesterday and followed the sticker on the Zagg enclosing plastic case to reset my FaceID. Well, I reset my FaceID. Now I can't turn on FaceID at all. It either fails to scan and asks me to try again later or can't properly identify my face to even begin a scan. Move up, move down, move to the left. Regardless of the instruction, it never finds the data points that it seems to be looking for.

The tracking and the touch functions seems to work perfectly. Just no FaceID. Still a work in progress, I'm afraid...

14. Corallus macrumors newbie

15. newellj macrumors 604

Does the Zagg cover the FaceID camera, or have a cutout for it?

16. hexagenia macrumors regular

hexagenia

It has a cutout. I know the protector is applied correctly based on it being really well centered on the device, but something is making the scanning temperamental. Zagg is sending me another one to try.

17. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

The Zagg Glass+ is supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow, and I noticed on the website that its cutout is not as wide as other protectors I've seen. It only has a cutout for the center camera, instead of a notch-shaped cutout that you'd find on iPhone X/XS protectors. I don't know if this is the reason for the Face ID problems the other poster is having. I sure hope not.

18. shinseiromeo macrumors regular

shinseiromeo

Interesting. There are several glass protectors for the IPP11 on the amazon UK site that have numerous and near perfect reviews.

19. aevan macrumors 68030

aevan

I accidentaly found someone on this forum mentioning how a screen protector (plastic one, PaperLike) ruined their screen by leaving residue that couldn’t be removed. First time I’ve ever heard of such a thing - I removed several plastic protectors (including PaperLike) with no residue at all.

I’ve googled and haven’t seen anyone complain (the only person was that forum poster - and this was their one and only post on MRF)

So.... paranoid as I am - anyone worried about adhesives and such?

20. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I just installed the Zagg InvisibleShield Glass+ screen protector for my 11-inch iPad Pro. It looks and feels fantastic, but as others have reported, Face ID did not work after installation. I went into Settings and reset Face ID, and now it works in any orientation, just as before. I’m very pleased with this purchase.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 9, 2019 ---
    It did the same to me at first, and then all I did was clean the area of the screen protector that covered the cameras/sensors. Then I was able to rescan my face.

21. Klankpad macrumors newbie

Klankpad

Yes look up my post in this thread about my techgear one, I still have found no problems with it and I use the pencil 2... its cheap and it works perfect

22. shinseiromeo macrumors regular

shinseiromeo

23. Senglish macrumors newbie

I saw that too - hopefully it’s the real deal.

I know of at least one person who was told by Apple that the tempered glass screen protectors are too “heavy” (thick?) to work on the iPad Pro 11 - don’t know about the 12.9, and to use the film types. Obviously, Apple is using a new/different technology for their screens and didn’t share this info with manufacturers. Maybe the glass can be made even thinner or something so they work more reliably for everyone.

Anyway, I installed an ILLUMI AquaShield from Amazon that works well. I prefer glass but hate dealing with an unresponsive screen, so this will have to do for now.

24. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

Got the MediaDevil in, very surprised I’ve never heard of these considering how long they’ve been around, I love how the entire screen is covered except for the two little pinholes where it can’t be. Have the occasional weird problem where I can’t lay the iPad flat on the bed and scroll but it’s not that big of a deal. Fingerprints keep on here but they come off, I’m used to leaving them anyway with Tech Armor film. I went ahead and ordered more for my XR and SE, very pleased. Tried some light scribbling with Apple Pencil which didn’t leave a mark, hopefully this thing is scratch resistant to it, a problem that I encountered with every regular film protector so far. If it’s not I’ll be disappointed, then I’ll move on to try the Power Support.

25. shinseiromeo macrumors regular

shinseiromeo

Tech armor wrote me regarding the new v2 of their glass. Unfortunately still no ETA on when it’s being released.

I’ve been following this thread since the beginning. Still using a naked ipp11 and waiting to do an exchange for a new one due to dead pixels out of the box, though my return window is closing in soon. I want a new glass protector before I get a new ipp11.

That being said, can anyone confirm any glass protector that works 100% on the ipp11 to this day? I’m leaning towards the amfilm one on amazon since it has perfect reviews. Since it’s a 2-pack, I might get it and put on one my current ‘demo’ model so to see how it works. It’s unfortunately not in stock at the moment though.