iPad Pro CAUTION! New iPad Pro 11” (Glass Screen Protector) Issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by anaudiopro, Nov 7, 2018.

1. leebroath macrumors 6502a

leebroath

2. NeverInDoubt macrumors member

Have had a MediaDevil protector on my IPP 11 for 3 months now. No issues in any orientation, case, no case, Pencil fine.

3. leebroath macrumors 6502a

leebroath

Strange, I get it every time when I lay it flat

4. Superrenz macrumors member

Superrenz

Have the MD on my 12.9. got nervous after your post and tried it right away: flat on the couch (the IPad not me) no issues so far.

5. tazdevl macrumors regular

This is a legitimate point. I’m wondering if it has to do with a electrical/shorting issue potentially caused by the Apple Pencil charging plate/area on the iPad. What people are observing is remarkably consistent.

It does also make me also wonder if Apple “engineered” this incompatibility with screen protectors to not only increase repair revenue but shorten the upgrade cycle for customers who drop their iPads. Folks def hold onto iPads much longer than phones.

I suspect class attorneys will be on top of this and #bendgate in the near future. I normally wouldn’t join in but I’m sick of Apples BS lately. I definitely don’t appreciate them telling me how it is when we know its a crock, especially the VP of Engineerings pathetic explanation on #ipadbendgate. Innovation and customer commitment is dying under the vine under Tim.

6. xspeedy, Feb 12, 2019 at 6:15 AM
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 9:53 AM

xspeedy macrumors newbie

I looked through various posts but have not read the entire thread.

I have the Skinomi Tech glass protector. For me, the issue goes away when I touch the metal bezel. This is why it is often better for people when holding it versus lying flat on a table. Give it a shot. I also noticed a friend doesn’t have the same issues as I do on my device. I think body chemistry may have some effect. I know I have very dry skin.

I can mostly scroll, but typing by finger can be problematic and definitely pinch to zoom. The bezel thing is definitely odd.

Both sizes of iPad are affected?

7. CjonesHouston macrumors 65816

CjonesHouston

amFilm Glass Screen Protector for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JQ3YZT7?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Best tempered glass I’ve tried so far. For the. 11 inch pro. It’s a little quirky with the Screen response every now and then. But not as bad as the other 3 I’ve already tried. Proper cut outs. You can see that it is a little thinner than the others I’ve tried. Makes a better user experience by being a little thinner. In my opinion.

8. NeverInDoubt macrumors member

With reference to an earlier post alleging all sorts of things against MediaDevil and those who have posted positive reviews of them, sorry to disappoint but I have no connection whatsoever with them other than having been a satisfied customer for many years.
    Written on an IPP 11 working perfectly with the MediaDevil non glass screen protector.

9. dso macrumors newbie

Just installed my MediaDevil after failure with pretty much every glass protector on the market. EXACTLY the same touch problems - lie it flat, scrolling doesn't work properly; pick it up, fine again. For me, MediaDevil is no better than the rest. More money down the drain. From now I'm going naked unless and until absolute *proof* that something out there works!
    --- Post Merged, Feb 13, 2019 at 5:30 AM ---
    Me too!

10. kshitijraina macrumors newbie

I have used media devil and I am now currently on Supershieldz matte screen protector and from personal experience I can promise you that you can use it anyway you want and there will be not touch issues. I have had the same problem of scrolling when laying it flat but with the supershieldz there's "NO touch sensitivity issue". It works just like without a protector.

11. dso macrumors newbie

Sorry, have you seen the reviews on Amazon? No way I'm risking yet more money. Maybe you're having a good experience - loads of people are not.

12. kshitijraina macrumors newbie

I have seen the reviews, but you got to show me a review where it says that touch sensitivity is affected. All the negative reviews are for it being a plastic sheet or the fact that it takes a bit away from the retina display clarity or that its not case friendly but it doesn't affect the touch.