CDC tells millions of women to stop drinking, just in case they get pregnant

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Moyank24, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

A bit disturbing, IMO. Especially if they aren't prepared to hand out birth control at no charge to every woman in the US of child birthing age.

Source

2. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

- is pregnant, -> rather obvious I'd say
    - trying to get pregnant -> if you can't keep of the booze you better stop thinking bout getting kids
    - or sexually active and not using birth control -> you either won't a baby (see above) or you're just irresponsible, meaning you won't follow the doctor's advice anyways.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Why would they need BC ft hey are not drunk?

4. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

This is disturbing because there is a 0% chances of a sexually-active, sober woman finding me attractive.

5. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

upload_2016-2-4_11-22-49.png

How can you have consent if she had a drink? You might as well turn yourself in.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

thought PPH handed out BC at low to no charge?

if women are old enough to afford drinks why can't they buy BC? or simply demand he wrap it or better yet, not put out?

7. Moyank24 thread starter macrumors 601

Moyank24

Try finding a PPH in many places. Here in Texas they have been defunded left and right.

So, many rural communities have no access to inexpensive healthcare for women. This issue is one where people are talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Let's make it harder for women to receive inexpensive birth control AND make it harder for women to get abortions. Makes sense, right?

I get the idea, but to tell all women basically between the ages of 21-50 not to drink if they aren't on some kind of birth control is kind of ridiculous. Women are more than just a vessel for child birthing.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

yes they are, they asked women simply because IMHO they can be more responsible than men. if you want to drink then don't put out, if you are going to put out then be on BC. pack of condoms is as low as $1. there are many other crude yet effective options, "if you don't want a gut, take it in the butt" comes to mind :eek: .

it takes 2 to tango, if he won't wrap it in latex then he can go jerk off somewhere else.

9. Moyank24 thread starter macrumors 601

Moyank24

Since men are epically more irresponsible, and commit tons of crimes while drunk (including rape), wouldn't it make more sense to tell men to stop drinking?

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Don't know if I agree with you 100%, because if responsibility is expected on one side, it should be expected on both. As you said, it takes two to tango.

...but I do have to give you props for your eloquence.

11. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Maybe, sounds kind sexist what you wrote.

12. Moyank24 thread starter macrumors 601

Moyank24

'Twas the point I was trying to make in response to the post I quoted...

Context, my friend.

13. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Rape and preventing a mentally retarded kid are not the same context. The only reason you Changed it to men and rape is because you think men a rape machines.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

are men at risk of getting preggos? drinking is not the problem unprotected sex is, since women are at risk it makes sense to ASK the women to be on BC an to protect themselves . no one is FORCING them to do anything.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 4, 2016 ---
    you are my alter, so of course you somewhat agree with me :p.

unless a guy is raping the female, men will go as far as women let them go. the women are the ones at risk IF they are not on BC, it makes sense to warn them about it.

15. Moyank24 thread starter macrumors 601

Moyank24

To be fair, this isn't about the health of women, it's about the health of a possible unborn baby. It has nothing to do with protecting women.

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

You're not supposed to go around telling people I'm your alt account!

...why am I talking to myself?

And it's equally the responsibility of the man to know when he's going to far. Blue balls do not negate its ever present expectation. Everyone should know when something isn't wise.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I completely agree with myself :D

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Same here! :D

Damn, JK. You sure are smart!

19. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Pregnancy affects the health of the women, either carrying it to term or with a abortion. Feminists have been claiming abortions protects women's health for decades, are you now going to say these feminists have been lying?

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

based on article seems the CDC is looking out for BOTH the women & their potential wallet leeches. so what's the problem? could it be a feminist view of the article?
    someone is reading too much into this.
    er, YOU ARE the guardian and bear the ultimate responsibility for that child, hell you can even have it vacuumed out if you wish w/o a male having ANY LEGAL say in the matter, so yeah there is no reason to include males as they are worhtless.
    I still don't see what the big deal is, most who wish to be mothers would do what is best for the baby or potential baby, those who don't care can flush it. telling women they are at risk is smart.
    yes we is :p

21. Moyank24 thread starter macrumors 601

Moyank24

Some abortions certainly do. Some don't.

That certainly isn't the only argument "feminists" make for the right of a woman to be able to choose to have an abortion, is it?

22. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

No, but to say abortion or pregnancy does not affect a women's health is a Big fat lie.

23. Moyank24 thread starter macrumors 601

Moyank24

Who is saying that?

I certainly know very well how pregnancy affects a woman's health as I've actually been pregnant. With twins.

In my opinion, that isn't what this is about. They are telling women who MAY get pregnant not to drink if they are not using birth control just in case they get pregnant, don't know, and poison the baby with alcohol (in a nutshell).

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I still DON'T see the problem. sounds like good advice.

25. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

In a lot of ways, it's like saying men should try to avoid wireless technologies, because the radiation might harm our DNA, and we end up being able to produce nothing but hydrocephalic babies.

Women have been drinking years before the advent of birth control, yet FAS was, and still is a relatively rare thing. It's a little too overly cautious of a warning.