CDMA Upgrade to iPhone

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade from my CDMA Sprint LG Optimus S Android phone that has no SIM card to an iPhone 4 or 4S without having to upgrade the plan since I already have 3G data and texting on it. I've searched all night and I can't find an answer to how a transfer like this might work. Thanks!

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade from my CDMA Sprint LG Optimus S Android phone that has no SIM card to an iPhone 4 or 4S without having to upgrade the plan since I already have 3G data and texting on it. I've searched all night and I can't find an answer to how a transfer like this might work. Thanks!
Speak to your carrier.

Comment

dmusicman385

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
New York
I have Sprint. I upgraded to iPhone 4s from a Blackberry. All they did was add the phone and it was done, same plan, nothing changed. I'm in a family plan.

Comment

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade from my CDMA Sprint LG Optimus S Android phone that has no SIM card to an iPhone 4 or 4S without having to upgrade the plan since I already have 3G data and texting on it. I've searched all night and I can't find an answer to how a transfer like this might work.
As stated above, if in doubt call your carrier.

"No SIM" is irrelevant. If you're upgrading and staying with your CDMA carrier then you'll use the iPhone on CDMA. GSM support is only for international travel. The SIM isn't used on Sprint's CDMA network.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.