Celebrate Hanukkah With Smart Menorah on your Apple TV!

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by Yarmulkes212, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Yarmulkes212 macrumors newbie

Yarmulkes212

Perhaps this is a bit of shameless self promotion, but I've developed my first app named Smart Menorah, which is now available on the new Apple TV and iOS. It's a beautiful photo-real Menorah that you can light for Hanukkah (it includes the prayers and translations), and does all the calculations to determine what night of Hanukkah it is, how many candles to place, how many candles to light, and in which order to light them. It also conforms to the most common Jewish traditions, like leaving the candles burning for 30 minutes and observing Shabbat.

Being an avid MacRumors reader, I thought I'd share since I've learned much from this community.

The app is available for $.99 as a Universal Purchase for tvOS and iOS. You can check it out here. Thanks for looking and Happy Hanukkah!

2. Kurri macrumors 6502

Will you be updating for free for next year as well or is this a one year thing?

3. Yarmulkes212 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yarmulkes212

This is a one-time purchase. The app is already programmed with Hanukkah dates for each year until 2020, so there won't be a need for an update next year, anyway. I'm sure there will be new APIs by next Hanukkah for tvOS 10 or the next operating system, so I do have intent to continuing development of the app, but there will not be any further cost. Hope this helps!