Celebrities shout their abortions

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I find this people article quite insightful. Nearly every story is the same. The woman had an abortion because they weren’t ready emotionally, financially, career wise etc. to have a baby. What’s insightful is none of them are defending it as just a clump of cells or anything like that. Many even refer to it as a baby. Heck Stevie Nicks had a name for one she killed (Sara). How can anyone honestly say abortion isn’t killing a baby when famous women who’ve had one refer to it as a baby? And how incredibly selfish they all are. These women sure didn’t seem to think about their emotional, financial or career state when they had sex and got pregnant. :rolleyes:

https://people.com/health/celebrity-abortion-stories-busy-philipps-jameela-jamil/?slide=5898201#5898201

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Do you think about your career, your life, and whatever possible outcome every time you have sex? Life happens. Why does a woman’s personal choice have anything to do with you? Are you going to provide for it emotionally, physically, and financially? No. You will have to provide for it financially if the child entered into the system. You really did the child a favor there. Not only is there potential trauma for the child but for the parent as well. There’s a bigger picture.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
I find this people article quite insightful. Nearly every story is the same. The woman had an abortion because they weren’t ready emotionally, financially, career wise etc. to have a baby. What’s insightful is none of them are defending it as just a clump of cells or anything like that. Many even refer to it as a baby. Heck Stevie Nicks had a name for one she killed (Sara). How can anyone honestly say abortion isn’t killing a baby when famous women who’ve had one refer to it as a baby? And how incredibly selfish they all are. These women sure didn’t seem to think about their emotional, financial or career state when they had sex and got pregnant. :rolleyes:

https://people.com/health/celebrity-abortion-stories-busy-philipps-jameela-jamil/?slide=5898201#5898201

I once canceled my order for a Pastrami Reuben Sandwich. This was BEFORE the meat, cheese, and condiments were stuffed between two slices of bread to actually form a sandwich. Funny how when I canceled, I still refereed to it as a sandwich. VERY INSIGHTFUL!!!! :eek:

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
...These women sure didn’t seem to think about their emotional, financial or career state when they had sex and got pregnant...
"These women" think about their emotional, financial or career state when they have sex. Sometimes.
Life is not black and white.
It is an individual decision and none of the state's business.
We are in the XXI. century, there is no need to make a medieval u-turn.

VictorTango777

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
But the Catholic church doesn't want people to use condoms or any other form of birth control. By the way, does this mean that Catholic priests don't use condoms when they molest children?

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Do you think about your career, your life, and whatever possible outcome every time you have sex? Life happens. Why does a woman’s personal choice have anything to do with you? Are you going to provide for it emotionally, physically, and financially? No. You will have to provide for it financially if the child entered into the system. You really did the child a favor there. Not only is there potential trauma for the child but for the parent as well. There’s a bigger picture.
So that’s the standard we use for whether someone lives or dies? Then should we kill off all the elderly stuck in nursing homes and assisted living? What about special needs children or people with chronic debilitating illnesses? No doubt they suck up a ton of healthcare/government resources.
[doublepost=1560693671][/doublepost]
I once canceled my order for a Pastrami Reuben Sandwich. This was BEFORE the meat, cheese, and condiments were stuffed between two slices of bread to actually form a sandwich. Funny how when I canceled, I still refereed to it as a sandwich. VERY INSIGHTFUL!!!! :eek:
So you’re comparing a human being to a sandwich?

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
So that’s the standard we use for whether someone lives or dies? Then should we kill off all the elderly stuck in nursing homes and assisted living? What about special needs children or people with chronic debilitating illnesses? No doubt they suck up a ton of healthcare/government resources.
In your cases, does that involve lives that have already lived, and had lives of their own?

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
In your cases, does that involve lives that have already lived, had lives of their own?
Yes. if someone is saying don’t bring child X into the world because they would be a drain on the system well one could argue lots of people are a drain on the system. What about the homeless?
[doublepost=1560694675][/doublepost]
"These women" think about their emotional, financial or career state when they have sex. Sometimes.
Life is not black and white.
It is an individual decision and none of the state's business.
We are in the XXI. century, there is no need to make a medieval u-turn.
What happened to protecting life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? How come the last of those three is the only one that matters to some?

Reactions: Vanilla Ice

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Yes. if someone is saying don’t bring child X into the world because they would be a drain on the system well one could argue lots of people are a drain on the system. What about the homeless?
The key phrase there though is "bring child X into the world". Your examples are all about persons already in the world, then somehow equating abortion with punishing those who've already lived lives. Not quite the same thing.

VictorTango777

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Unless a women is a hermaphrodites or used the services of a sperm bank, there had to be a man involved in getting the woman pregnant. Why is the blame being placed solely on the woman?

Did the woman rape the man and get pregnant without the man's permission? Ironic, since certain states want to outlaw abortion even if the woman was raped.

Did the woman get an abortion without discussing it with the man?

If the woman felt that she was unable to care for a child, was the man wiling to assume full custody and support of the child?

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 07.20.51.png

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Apples/oranges/green clovers/blue diamonds/ horse shoes

YOU or the state doing something to someone is NOWHERE near the same as they making the decision that suits them That sandwich analogy was freaking spot on
[doublepost=1560697096][/doublepost]
Loved this post

realtuner

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2019
Canada
How can anyone honestly say abortion isn’t killing a baby when famous women who’ve had one refer to it as a baby?
How can anyone take the words of a few women and think it applies to all women? Are the opinions of “famous” women more valuable than “regular” women?

Maybe we should start passing laws that affect all women based on what a few women say. Better yet, let’s pass laws that affect all women based on what a few old, white men say.

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
No the standard is is that a person? A zygote is not a person. Get that through your head.

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
The article title:

24 Celebrities Who Have Shared Their Abortion Stories to Help End the Stigma

End the stigma of what? Slaughtering an unborn child?

Sure what's next: Abortion celebration parties?

Hey Nancy, did they suck the brains out of yours or just rip its limbs out? Nancy proudly proclaims BOTH! Cheers from the crowd! Wow, you got both huh. I'm jealous they only tore the body parts of mine out. Followed by a high fives for Nancy from the party goers for her accomplishment....

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
The article title:

24 Celebrities Who Have Shared Their Abortion Stories to Help End the Stigma

End the stigma of what? Slaughtering an unborn child?

Sure what's next: Abortion celebration parties?

Hey Nancy, did they suck the brains out of yours or just rip its limbs out? Nancy proudly proclaims BOTH! Cheers from the crowd! Wow, you got both huh. I'm jealous they only tore the body parts of mine out. Followed by a high fives for Nancy from the party goers for her accomplishment....
Hey Nancy, how does it feel to be FORCED to have something grow inside you? It's freaking FANTASTIC, I love not having a choice.

eltoslightfoot

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2011
The problem with every abortion discussion these days is you either have to be completely for it--even allowing the life of a 36 week old baby to be aborted (New York) or you have to be completely against it--even if the mother-to-be's life would be in peril or she was raped at zero weeks (Alabama).

What the heck is wrong with Roe V. Wade? Seems pretty common sense to me. If a baby is able to live outside the womb, then we ought not kill it (and don't give me that crap that only women can make a LEGAL decision. It could be a female baby, who is looking out for that baby?).

On the other hand, again it is equally stupid to have doctors dragged before tribunals where they could face jail time for a first trimester abortion. In situations where an abortion would save the life of the mother, I guarantee you that doctor will let the mom die rather than lose his license/face jail time. What about birth defects? What about incest? The least we can do in these horrible situations is allow a way out.

The right and left in this country have gone crazy. We used to be the country of common sense. Can we go back to that?

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
Hey Nancy, how does it feel to be FORCED to have something grow inside you? It's freaking FANTASTIC, I love not having a choice.
Maybe PP can start selling abortion gift certificates? PP could host baby abortion registries so abortion party goers know what Nancy wants for gifts at her pre or post abortion party?

Let's go full stop eh? YouTube videos? I mean if it's to be celebrated what's wrong with documenting her 'accomplishment'? Photos in a suitable fame of the process?

If not then why? If it's not a disgusting practice then why not celebrate it and have a memory of it?

Reactions: Rogifan

eltoslightfoot

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2011
Maybe PP can start selling abortion gift certificates? PP could host baby abortion registries so abortion party goers know what Nancy wants for gifts at her pre or post abortion party?

Let's go full stop eh? YouTube videos? I mean if it's to be celebrated what's wrong with documenting her 'accomplishment'? Photos in a suitable fame of the process?

If not then why? If it's not a disgusting practice then why not celebrate it and have a memory of it?
This is definitely helping.
[doublepost=1560701324][/doublepost]
So is this.

Reactions: realtuner

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
This is definitely helping.
I've already stated numerous times in the 14,823 other abortion threads that I am fine with heartbeat laws, I am fine with abortions at later times if the mothers health is at risk, in cases of rape or incest. I am also fine with contraceptives being readily available and free...

But my question remains. If it's not disgusting then why not celebrate it and have a memory of it?

People celebrate things with:

-Parties
-Photos
-Videos
ect....