Cell signal weak iPhone 5. LTE-gate?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Huliodude, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Huliodude macrumors member

Cell signal in my Rogers iPhone 5 is definitely weaker than my iPhone 4, with some times dropping to 3G, Edge, or no service in areas I know have decent service.

A quick google search reveals similar complaints. Of course, a google search could reveal anything no matter how obscure, but here it is.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/09/24/iphone-5-has-a-harder-time-retaining-4g-lte-signal-than-android-rivals/

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

So exchange it.

And the mere fact that you decided to call this a "-gate" pretty much means I shouldn't even give you THAT advice.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If you are on Rogers don't link to an article which discusses AT&T. Different networks, different locations, etc. One thing I have found is that my iPhone 5 will hold onto an LTE signal in areas where my iPhone 4S could only find 3G. Therefore I consider it to be superior.

4. SR71 macrumors 68000

Agreed. Does everything have to have "-gate" attatched these days?

5. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The irony of it is, the "-gate" moniker was attached to "antennagate" by Steve Jobs to suggest that blogs and "media" outlets were grossly exaggerating the issue and blowing it out of proportion.

So while most people probably don't realize it, they're actually using it right: they've blown the issue out of proportion, and it's probably not the universal, widespread scandal they think it is.

7. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

Your QC cycle article was a good read.

8. SR71 macrumors 68000

Completely forgot about that. Very ironic, indeed.

9. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44