Cellular Data Network on Network Settings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chestvrg, Jun 14, 2012.

1. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Is it normal for the Cellular Data Network to show up under general settings, under "Network" on my 4S? My 4S is factory unlocked but was originally purchased as an AT&T device only. I did jailbreak and have installed tether me under another settings, so now the CDN show up under tether me. As well as normally under the general settings.

Unless I'm mistaking, CDN should not show under general settings (which has been the whole restriction issue that does not allow us iPhone users to change APN as well as MMS settings of our smaller prepaid carriers) look at these two snapshots.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339738021.161913.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339738033.847237.jpg

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes.

3. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

4. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

This is normal...I have a 4S factory unlocked...the whole point of installing TetherMe (which I have been using for almost 2 years now) is that it enables the CDN option....you can either access it via Settings>TetherMe>CDN or Settings>General>Network>CDN...if you don't believe me you can remove TetherMe and it will disappear from both locations....TetherMe doesn't add in this function it just enables CDN visibility(its naturally present in iOS but apple just disables it) to the user so you can access/edit the APN/MMS settings. When you see it under Settings>TetherMe its just a link to the Settings>General>Network>CDN (essentially you end up at the same CDN regardless where you go to it from...again its just ENABLED not ADDED separately anywhere.

by the looks of it your on Straight Talk? did you add the 4G icon via a winter board theme? I wish there was a regular way of enabling the iCon because I Hate theme's/winterboard add-on because its another thing you have to run as every tweak/add-on you run uses RAM and I need every MB of my ram for my apps.

5. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Thank you for explaining. In fact I did uninstall tether me and just like you said, the CDN disappeared. As soon as I installed it again, the CDN option was there again :)

Ps: the 4G icon updated when I updated to iOS 5.1.1 before it would read out 3G. And yes I am on Straight Talk.