Cellular Data Network on tmobile firmware

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chestvrg, Apr 12, 2013.

1. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Can you please check if after the tmobile firmware for tmobile iPhone 5 only, are you still able to access the CDN settings?

2. bozzykid macrumors 68020

The carrier update hides the tethering APN settings and enables the LTE APN settings. It will reset the APN settings to their default settings after the update but you can change them all except tethering.

3. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Thx but suck that now the MVNO'S will not be able to change their APN settings. I rely on the SIM swap method to chane my APN settings and use a tmobile compatible SIM to change my APN settings.

I guess I will have to start searching for a dummy SIM car from an unsupported provider somewhere out there in the world. :(

4. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Strange I got my tmobile iPhone 5 today running 6.1.2 with no jailbreak and it is still showing the Cellular Data Network (CDN).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366171499.875809.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366171509.024517.jpg

Does anyone know if I update to 6.1.3 it'll loose CDN?

5. Akack macrumors 6502a

You can still access the CDN, but like what the 2nd post states the tethering section is still hidden once you update to the TMobile firmware.

The cellular data, LTE, and MMS can still be changed but not the tethering section.

6. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Ok thank you for clarifying. So pretty much the tmobile firmware is to rid the tethering feature and add LTE support.

7. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

My LTE cellular data network settings are blank, and the cellular data and MMS use the fast.t-mobile.com apn. Is anybody else's different? I'm using an unlocked iPhone 5 that I bought from Apple. It's the newest t-mobile version.
    I see a lot of other people use the epc.t-mobile.com apn. Is that the older one before the iPhone was officially supported? And what about the LTE section? It says optional, but should I have something in there? I do have LTE coverage around my area.

8. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Mine is the same. Apparently after we install the t-mobile update, it'll automatically add these new settings.

Haven't you gotten a prompt asking you to update the carrier settings?(regardless if the iPhone is factory unlocked), mine is now also officially factory unlocked, but was initially purchased from t-mobile.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373323288.222832.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373323296.501452.jpg

9. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Yeah mine is like that. I got the carrier settings when I turned on the phone. Mine looks the same as yours. I don't remember seeing the unlocked screen though. Where can I check to see if mine is unlocked? I know it should be since I bought it straight from Apple full price.

10. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

You need to do a full restore to see the "congratulations" msg ok.if you bought it from Apple at full price, they already come unlocked.

----------

When I have tried to force those settings, for some reason, they don't stick.