Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Haven’t heard much discussion on this, but in my experience so far cellular reception is much better! It’s both disconnecting from my iPhone and then connecting to LTE faster than my Series 3 did, but also getting signal where I didn’t before (elevator in my apartment complex) - and in other known spots I’ve had issues at before. So for me at least Apple was genuine in improving this feature.

How are other Series 3 to 4 users finding it - are problem areas better for you as well? I’d also love to see a coverage map of the low energy LTE towers that the Apple Watch uses. Is Verizon the best for Apple Watch coverage or someone else?

Reactions: Lennyvalentin

Kermit262

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Central Ohio
Haven’t heard much discussion on this, but in my experience so far cellular reception is much better! It’s both disconnecting from my iPhone and then connecting to LTE faster than my Series 3 did, but also getting signal where I didn’t before (elevator in my apartment complex) - and in other known spots I’ve had issues at before. So for me at least Apple was genuine in improving this feature.

How are other Series 3 to 4 users finding it - are problem areas better for you as well? I’d also love to see a coverage map of the low energy LTE towers that the Apple Watch uses. Is Verizon the best for Apple Watch coverage or someone else?
Great to hear. Coming from the Series 3, and I was always underwhelmed with its cellular performance.

akidokraja

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Yes. Also handoff is much faster now. On S3 it would take a minute or so to connect to tower. Now with S4 it connects in under 10 sec. awesome
[doublepost=1537887077][/doublepost]Yes. Also handoff is much faster now. On S3 it would take a minute or so to connect to tower. Now with S4 it connects in under 10 sec. awesome

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Yes. Also handoff is much faster now. On S3 it would take a minute or so to connect to tower. Now with S4 it connects in under 10 sec. awesome
[doublepost=1537887077][/doublepost]Yes. Also handoff is much faster now. On S3 it would take a minute or so to connect to tower. Now with S4 it connects in under 10 sec. awesome
Yea it is kinda baffling that the Verge (Dieter’s review) - mentioned it took a long time still to switch over to cellular and find the signal, that must just be a New York City thing and cellular probably being plagued by the same stuff cell phones are in a city with such an incredible density of people?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.