Census Worker Hung in KY -- "FED" Written on Chest

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bobber205, Sep 23, 2009.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

:(
    This is sick.

Video

Text Source

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Jesus Christ. America keeps surprising me. And certainly not in a good way.

3. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

They're still trying to determine whether foul play was involved. It would be a strange suicide with "fed" written on his chest. It's hard to write upside-down and backward (I assume that's how the writing was oriented). Unlikely, but it could have been added later.

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I know people who have tattooed their own chest, its not that hard.

5. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

Oh god, don't tell me you're going to try to slant this as being as anything not a hate crime are you?

The changes of that are so low. And again, just because you know some savant that did it, doesn't make it easy.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Well being as it is in Kentucky there may be a likelihood that he was murdered. I was just saying that its not that hard to write upside down/backwards on your own chest. Just because the chances are low doesn't mean it shouldn't be looked into along with everything else.

Also this is from an anonymous source, I don't think its even been confirmed yet.

7. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Regardless, it should be a no-brainer for the FBI to determine if he wrote it himself.

8. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

America doesn't have a lock on crazies.

I would wait until everything is in before jumping the gun. Good ol' boys quit hangings a while ago. People just disappear now.
    This could have been a killing for something else entirely using the fed angle to throw people off.

Of course MSNBC will try their hardest to show a crazed right wing lunatic group executing census takers. I believe as much from them as I do Fox news.

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'll believe it was "something else" when the police say it is.

What's so hard to believe about an anti-government hanging? The right wing hate media fills the air with a constant barrage of bile about death panels, ACORN, "Communist" art and other lunacy. I'll bet some time today Rush Limbaugh will be yelling about how this guy was probably murdered by lefties to make the right look bad.

Could be some dittohead somewhere in KY finally decided to "send a message".

10. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Kentucky? Where this was, they don't even know how to use radios so your scary dittoheads shouldn't be a factor.
    ACORN has always been a shady group on the edge of the law and deserved to be in the mainstream media for their voting registration practices long before the latest BS. How many Clint Eastwoods, Donald Ducks & Mickey Mouses voted for Franken?

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yeah you're right. The republicans just buy the supreme court to get their man in.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

At least Clint Eastwood, Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse have brains.

This is disgusting. Of course, I don't expect the right to take ownership of this if this indeed was an anti-government crime. They'll make excuses and most likely say the guy deserved it in a roundabout way.

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

There's a difference between voter registration fraud and vote fraud. It's not a huge problem until Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse show up to vote, and AFAIK, there's no proof they actually did, it was just fake applications sent in, which, while a problem and while illegal, has no effect on the outcome of the election.

14. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

This was in Clay County, Kentucky. This is a rural county but they do have radios. They even have TV and the internet. This kind of stereotyping just makes me angry, it has no place in the world today.

15. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Don't worry, we have hundreds of years of catching up with all the atrocities committed in Europe and the like.

16. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

You are right, this is disgusting, but why should any group take ownership of this crime?

17. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I find it interesting the difference of opinion between the retired trooper and scholar. One says that he thought that the area would be especially unsafe, the other that the sentiment would be no worse than other parts of the country.

I am curious though - if it was a message killing, what was the point of keeping it quiet. He was killed on the 12th, and they just found him decomposed enough that a cremation has been highly reccommended. If you want to send a message, you want the body found. Leaving it in a remote area doesn't make sense.

Your Kentucky most didn't make much sense, as I can't tell if you were being serious or not. This post, though, does present an interesting question - could it have been done to hide another motive (perhaps something as simple as a robbery or burglary gone bad)?

That being said, on its face, it looks more like a crazy than any other explanation. Skepticism is there in the details, but targetting a face of the government has been used for message purposes for as long as there have been governments?

A hate crime? Really? And what, please tell me, protected group is defined as "federal employees full or part time"? Does it look like it was a vile act by some folks who really need to get some professional therapy? Yes. Does it look like they targetting this guy simply because he was a freaking census taker? Is it incredible that of all the possible federal employees to attack, a census taker who may be among the most harmless of them all was the target of choice? Yes.

Hate crime? No.

I don't know if it would take a savant to learn how to write upside down. I just tried writing "fed" upside down and it didn't turn out half bad.

18. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I was thinking the same thing, this kinda crap isn't owner by anybody.

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Lolers, why the hell should the right take ownership of this even if it was some whacky anti-government move? Do you take ownership of environmentalist attacks which border on terrorism?

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

They should because they promote anti-government sentiment. Their motto is that the government can't do anything and is evil. If you're gonna walk that walk, you damn well better not be surprised when s*** like this happens.

And yeah, I condemn environmentalist attacks that "border on terrorism". I'd also include those people as part of the left wing. The right needs to realize that they can't disown anti-government wackos when they loudly promote anti-government attitudes.

21. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Demanding a smaller federal government, lower taxes, and such, is a call for GOOD government. It isn't anti- to want control of that behemoth back under the people instead of the psychopaths that run Congress.

There is a very big difference between people of the Hills and those of anywhere else in America. Its best to just leave them alone. Really. They don't bother anyone and no one smart bothers them. I doubt the FBI is looking forward to it. They are only "of the right" in the sense they are very self sufficient and protective of their personal space. The difference is they don't ascribe to either side.

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Anti-government is anarchism. That isn't what the right is about. Even if this is an anti-government move I don't really understand the point of attacking a census worker, it doesn't really make much sense (once again this is kentucky so who knows). Some of the backwoods places around the south I wouldn't even go into.

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's not what you guys say though. Your claim is always that government isn't good at doing anything. Don't even try to deny that.

That remains to be seen. But I pretty much knew you'd go here. That was predictable.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I just commented on the student reform thread not but an hour ago saying that it was a good idea for the government to handle the program directly. :eek:

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I meant collectively- not you as an individual. ;)