Cerritos, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by shannieb77, Jun 21, 2010.

1. shannieb77 macrumors newbie

There's a brand new store opening at Los Cerritos Center on Thursday. I am thinking about going there instead! Anyone want to join me?

2. mimix3 macrumors newbie

Oh I'm thinking about it too! since it's new, maybe not a lot of people reserved theirs there?

3. Bakakage macrumors 6502

It's opening on Thursday? If so I'll definitely go there instead for the Iphone. Do yos guys have reservations at Cerritos? I don't, so I'm worried about them running out even though I'll be camping out. What time are you guys lining up? I'm gonna try and be there around 12 - 1am.

4. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I have a reservation at South Coast Plaza, but I'm thinking hard about going to Cerritos first. It would be fun to go to an Apple Store opening and iPhone Launch all on the same day! :D

But if I go to SCP, I'll be able to be in the "reserve" line, whereas the Cerritos store has no reservation.

AAAAAAARGH! :eek: Too. many. choices. Can't make up. my. mind.

/Kirk

5. rachellelatrice macrumors newbie

Will Cerritos Mall allow us to line up early?

And will it be crowded? Apple announced the opening of this store to every Los Ange-lino. I'm not sure if the new store will help us beat the long line, the wait, or make iPhone 4 available for early birds who wanna catch the worm:p

6. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

If I were you, I'd definitely go to South Coast. You have a reservation there as opposed to going to a new store where no one has a reservation...including you!

Much better chance of walking away with an iPhone at South Coast. Just my opinion though...

7. Savor Suspended

Savor

My first iPhone launch and I have no idea what the hell is going on...?

Anybody here know what time they plan to go? I am thinking of parking across the street in the Target plaza because I am worried about mall security not letting anyone in the mall premises. I already have a BB pre-order as a fall back plan, but this mall is close to where I live along with getting a free shirt!

PM if anyone of you want to meet up. Kill the boredom. I could still change my mind and go to the Brea one instead, but if I go to this one, I'll try be there very early. Before 4am.

8. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

hmm.. i wonder how crowded its going to be. I personally had no idea it was opening thursday.. I wonder if theyll let us camp outside the mall? since its a new store im curious to know if they will have a designated area for us to start waiting in the morning if they don't let us camp..

screw it im going to fashion island lol

9. iMikeT macrumors 68020

Anyone know if Apple will be giving out the usual freebie at this grand opening? If so I'll go here instead and get an iPhone via walk-in, otherwise, I'll just go to Brea where I already have my iPhone on reserve. :)

10. Bakakage macrumors 6502

Apparently they will be giving giving out free T-shirts for the first 1000 customers.

11. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Yeah, that's what I've decided. I called Apple today to find out if I could transfer my reservation, and he said no. I was expecting that answer, but I had to check. :eek:

I'm going to be going to SCP early, and then I'll swing by Cerritos on the way home. It's literally 2 minutes out my way, so I'll see what it's like to be at a store opening.

BTW, the guy said that, as we suspected, Cerritos has no reservations, so they're going to be dealing with only the walk-in line.

12. CourtneyA1 macrumors newbie

I was thinking about going to Cerritos, however with all of the confusion of the iphone launch, I don't want to put my bets on a bunch of people who are working their 1st DAY at the apple store.

South coast was orderly last time and good food options.

13. rickolus macrumors newbie

I don't think we have to worry about it being their first day. I'm sure they'll have veteran staffers on hand. I'm going here for sure. probably around midnight. Where are we establishing the line?

14. shannieb77 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am thinking midnight. Does anyone want to partner up with me... saving each other's place when we have to go to the bathroom, or a late night snack?

15. rickolus macrumors newbie

yah, I'd gladly help ya out if we are close in line.

16. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Have fun guys!

I kinda miss the idea of not getting in line but am very happy I pre-ordered and hoping mine will be delivered to me tomorrow! :D

17. iMikeT macrumors 68020

In that case I'll be going to the Cerritos store instead. But just in case I can't pick up a phone here, I luckily have an iPhone reserved at the Brea Mall store.:D

18. iMikeT macrumors 68020

Make it the three of us. I'll gladly contribute to all the festivities. By the way, I'll be bringing my cooler so bring a drink or two ;)

19. rickolus macrumors newbie

Sounds good! See y'all there!

20. Bakakage macrumors 6502

Yeah see ya guys there, I'll be around 10pm - 12 am.

21. rachellelatrice macrumors newbie

Checked it out last night at 11PM & spoke to mall security at Cerritos!

So, I decided to go here since this is my first launch AND ALL AT&T STORES WILL NOT LAUNCH THE IPHONE 4'S UNTIL THE 29TH, AND I AM WAY TOO IMPATIENT TO WAIT FOR THE IPHONE AT THE TIME. So, Mall security told me that they WILL NOT ALLOW PEOPLE TO LINE UP BEFORE 6AM but they understand that the parking lot will be packed with all of us excitely waiting. ***FYI, there's some type of type of new mall statue (I know it's new because I am a regular shopper at this mall), which is the entry into the mall that leads to the apple store. I line will start there! Looks like I'll be solo because I don't believe I'll have buddies to join me :eek:/

****QUESTION- APPLE.COM STATED THAT THEY ARE LIMITING 2 PHONES PER CUSTOMER, BUT IS THIS TRUE, BECAUSE UP UNTIL I READ THIS ON THE WEBSITE, I WAS ALWAYS TOLD THAT 1 PER BODY WILL BE SOLD (EVEN IF YOU PURCHASE UNDER ONE PERSON'S FAMILY PLAN, WHICH IS ALLOWED). WHAT'S TRUE???****

I will see you LOVELY Apple Lovers tonight- in the parking lot!?! Get some good sleep!

P.S. the good news is that we are NOT competing with reservation folks and the mall DOES NOT have tent or RV folks yet, YES! SO if we get there nice and early, maybe it'll be good for us! PLUS we will get a free t-shirt!

I will look out for coolers and BBQ, and I will not hesitate to say "Hello!" ;)

Wishing you all a peace of mind and LOTS OF REST FOR the WAIT,

Rachelle
    rachellelatrice@rocketmail.com

22. iMikeT macrumors 68020

Excellent and thanks for the info. Don't worry you won't be alone tonight as many of us will be out there to join you, and each other. I'll definitely say hello when I see you. I have no idea what I'll be wearing but I'm thinking of wearing my Mac OS X Leopard shirt, if not that I might have my Van Halen shirt or something Comic Con related. I guess we'll just find out tonight. :D

I suppose we can all just PM each other for further contact info so we can find each other tonight.

One last thing (for now), like I said earlier, I'll be bringing my cooler along with some beverages ;) for tonight. Feel free to bring anything you would like to keep cold. If anyone decides to bring a grill, even better! It would be great to have a bbq tonight while we wait and I'll gladly bring along some meat. :D

23. shannieb77 thread starter macrumors newbie

PM me if we to put something together! I am planning to be there no later than midnight. I am assuming we are going line up by nordstrom/CPK entrance.

24. boredandlonely macrumors member

I'll try to join you all. I need my free t-shirt. I'm the token tall/big guy.